Chapter 15

His eyes watched me from the booth. He waited there seeping breathing from his continuous rapping. I sent him a small smile, he didn't return it. He came out to me yelling for everyone else to leave the room and then he closed us into the soundproof room. I grabbed his hand pulling it into my lap.

"I know you are angry at me and I understand why. You have every reason to be angry and disappointed with me. All of this has happened before I lied. I was wrong for accusing you of lying and cheating and I will spend however long it takes for you to forgive me. You need to know I am going to give you time to think things through. The girls are with my mum and you can, of course, see them whenever you like. I will be staying there to give you space. I just need to let you know I love you. I am sorry for everything."

I got up and I walked out of the studio and drove to mums. This time to walk into the house and I was feeling light. I knew I needed a night of sleep and to see my girls. It was the first time in so long that I didn't come in crying or even cried at all. Amity ran to me throwing her arms around my waist. I pulled her onto my hip which I should stop doing, she was getting bigger now. I kissed her forehead "hello baby."

I then carried her into where my mother was feeding Hallie. I walked up behind Hallie and kissed her forehead. Whilst Amity ran upstairs to collect a few of the things she had made with my father I talked with mum. She was relieved that he wasn't becoming a father with someone else but didn't understand why I was giving him space. I had finally explained everything to her.

We had to stop talking when Amity came bouncing in with beautiful pictures she had drawn and coloured, she asked "when can I see Mickey?"

I brushed a strand of hair behind her ear "he is working at the moment but we can call later and hope that he is home so we can see him. I'm sure Hallie is missing him as well."

Amity smiled "yeah she has. Are you and Mickey going to live in different houses now like Ryan and his parents? I don't want to have three different houses."

I looked at her distraught face "no we won't have to move you into another house. Mickey and I still live together. We love you Amity. I'm sorry we have been too busy later but we won't let it happen again."

She nodded "okay."

Very late that night I was in bed reading a book I had been putting off for quite some time. Mum quietly knocked on the door cautious not the wake Hallie. She picked her head in "Sweetie, Martell is at the door and he is insisting to see you right now."

I nodded my head quickly moving out of bed. I throw on a thick jacket and then I ran down the stairs. He was waiting on the couch anxiously. He spoke tearing "we have been apart for too long. I think we should move past this as a couple and learn from it. I want us to start again but this time we need to be better at communication. The girls deserve better. We both deserve better."

I nodded my head agreeing "let's move on...we are we headed next?"

"I was going to ask you right after I found out about your pregnancy but I was going to propose. After the wedding I want us to start trying for a larger family. I want us living back at the house together. I don't want you ever sleeping at your mothers again just to get away from me or our issues. What is it you want baby?"

I thought about it for a moment "a very long and happy life with you and our family."

                    That is what we did.