A Welcome Party (Not)

Cayde POV
As I got off the ship I was greeted by the sunlight blocking my view, I put my hand up and block my view from the sun as a response and then I saw Ruby struggling with striking up a comversation and a girl in a white dress yelling at her.

???:"Do you not know how much that damage would cost you?! You dolt?!"

Ruby:"U-uh I'm sorry... "

???:"You should b-"

I then decided to walk in the conversation and interrupt the girl in a white dress.

Cayde:"What's the matter here?"

???:"This dolt just nearly destroyed all my vintage dust!"

Cayde:"I suggest you call down, she already said sorry and seems like you have the heart of COLD. "

Ruby then snorted at the little pun I said, that girl with a black bow then walked over and defended Ruby with me.

The black haired girl:"Yeah, she already said sorry and it was your own fault for leaving that suitcase around. "

The ice Queen then pouted her cheeks, crossed her arms and left with her suitcase. I turned towards Ruby to then see her already running away to Beacon.  I sighed and looked at the Black haired girl with the bow whom was already heading towards Beacon.

Cayde:"Don't believe I caught ya name. "

???:"Neither have I. "

Cayde:"Welp, you can call me Cayde. "

The black haired girl didn't respond and continued walking away.

Cayde:"And yours?"

I started to catch up to her.

???:"I'll tell you mine when you take off that helmet,  isn't that fair?"

Cayde:"Hm, maybe in the future but just say your damn name. "

Blake:"I'm Blake then... You're a bit too old for this."

Cayde:"W-wha-"

As I was about to question what I got myself into I was interrupted by presumably Ozpin through the speakers.

Ozpin through the speakers:"All students in the Beacon welcome Hall."

As I turned around I already saw Blake at the entrance and winking at me, what that was supposed to mean? I do not know. So I then started to walk towards the entrance. When I opened the door I saw a huge crowd of students and Ozpin on the stage talking through a microphone. I then skipped to where Ruby and Yang were and whispered to them.

Cayde:"Am I late?"

Yang:"Nah, you're early a year. "

Cayde:"Yeah,  yeah. "

Ruby:"Shhh!"

I then turned my head towards the stage and Ozpin, I then glance at Ruby and see that she literally has stars in her eyes and started to secretly squeal when my ghost started talking to me through the COMS.

Ghost:"So, you ready for this?"

Cayde:"... "

Ghost:"Oh yeah, I forgot.  I guess I'll just sometimes prove my existence. "

My Ghost then stopped talking and I then finally listened to Ozpin's speech.
Ozpin:"You are the Huntsmen and Huntresses of the future and your journey starts today, It will not be easy but with your determination and will to save those around you will forge your path. For this is what a Huntsmen and Huntress stands for!"

A round of applause and cheering is then circled around the room as Ozpin and Glynda leave the stage.
I tap Ruby on the shoulder and ask her where we're going.

Cayde:"Hey Riding hood, Where are we now going?"

Ruby:"Didn't you hear?! We're now going to sleep in a giant room!"

Cayde:"Okay, I guess. "

_________________________________________

??? POV

I had my hood over my head looked at the target that Ozpin wanted me to keep an eye at.

???'s Ghost:"That's him, Cayde-6.
The Hunter Vanguard.