Explanation

Cayde POV

After Y/n led me to his dorm and opened the door to let the both of us in his Ghost started to tell me about the Salem war and their purpose I asked him about how the both of them ended up here.

(Y/n's) Ghost:"We went looking for you after the Red War, We beat Ghaul with A Guardian army. Well, most of their light was taken away so mainly just soldiers. Zavala lead the front, he wasn't easily persuaded since you were gone. He missed you."

Cayde:"Please tell me you recorded the conversation!"

His Ghost:"Cayde, He and Ikora died after the House Of Kings invaded. They were with the Scorn."

Cayde:"Damn...  I never got to say goodbye."

We all just sat there in silence until I spoke again.

Cayde:"How's the Tower then?"

His Ghost: "The City is no more, After the Vanguard dissolving the factions fought over the city, most Guardians didn't have a reason to fight for the City anymore since the Tyranny of the factions just kept destroying the lives of the citizens, It was a dictatorship. They hunted down anyone who criticised The faction, we searched for you, We heard of a signal coming through the Vault of Glass. We thought we heard your signal just like Praydaeth's, We hoped we found you again. Turns out we did."

Cayde:"I still can't believe their gone,
Everything we worked for just perished."

Sundance (Cayde's Ghost):
"I'm sorry Cayde, They wouldn't want us to mourn over them. We have this place now."

Cayde:"Listen, I need to shut down for a period of time. I'll be on standby in the corner if you need me."

His Ghost:"Right, I'm sorry to spill the beans so hard though. I hope we can support you."

Cayde:"We got class tomorrow either way I need energy."

Sundance:"I expected you to sleep through the lessons actually."

Cayde:"Who said I wouldn't?"

The two Ghosts chuckled in amusement of my life style, I layer down on one of the beds as so did Y/n.
I closed my eyes as I drifted off to a good night's sleep.