A Moment Of Peace

"You're so warm." Ruby muttered against her girlfriend's lap.

Weiss rolled her eyes, petting the brunette's hair. The two of them were taking a day off, Ruby being fairly stressed with the lack of business and Weiss unable to find a good job in her area of expertise.

"Most think I'm cold. Sometimes icy." Weiss replied softly, he voice like music. "You think too highly of me."

"Nope." Ruby decided.

The ivory haired woman smiled, pulling her partner closer to her chest.

"You're too perfect for me."

"Also nope." The red tipped girl quickly replied, turning her head to Weiss. "You're the girl for me, so I can't be too good for you by default."

"I just... I want to keep you safe is all. I don't like feeling like you've been dragged into my lifestyle."

Ruby pouted over at her. "You didn't drag me into anything. I was the one that sat down with you. I told you that we'd fall in love and live together. I told you we'd have a happily ever after."

"You were joking when you said that stuff." Weiss remind.

"I'm still waiting for us to get a dog." Ruby shot back.

The white woman narrowed her eyes. "I can't take care of a dog, I don't know anything about them."

"But I told you we'd get a dog together."

"No dog."

"Dog."

"No, Ruby."

"Child."

"MOST DEFINITELY NOT!" Weiss squeaked. "Do you think that kid would be normal?! With us as it's parents?"

"Normal is overrated." Ruby said casually. "We could take care of an adorable little boy or girl. Not now, but someday."

Weiss, flustered and slightly uncomfortable, shook her head clear. "A conversation for some other time. Like never, that's another time."

The girl in red pajamas shrugged her shoulders. "Agree to disagree."

The only response she got was Weiss frowning at her before leaning down to kiss her cheek.

"I hate you sometimes." The woman muttered.

Ruby smirked. "You love me and you know it."

Weiss pushed the girl away, walking off towards the kitchen. "You're such a dolt."

"Quit flirting with me and get your drink so you can cuddle me more." The red girl whined.

The businesswoman smiled as she pulled out a cup and poured herself some water, thinking about everything she'd do for her beautiful little dolt.

The phone in her pocket rang its silent alert, warning of the incoming call.

Weiss casually pulled out her phone, checking the caller ID and freezing up. "Ruby, I-I'll just be a minute, I've got to take this call."

"Alright, I guess I'll just stay over here, cold and alone." The girl in red whined.

Weiss made her way down to the bedroom, closing the door behind her as she took a moment to breathe.

"What do you want?" She asked firmly as soon as she opened her phone.

The reply was cold and restrained. "I want to give you a chance."

"Father, I don't want your chances!"

"I think you do." He calmly stated. "Your... friend's business may rely on it."

Weiss stopped for just over a heartbeat, the feeling of blood in her ears drowning out anything else. "I'm listening..."

"I'll let you come back, give you your home back, rehire Neptune for you, and stay out of your business as far as you're concerned." He started. "All you have to do is do the right thing."

"What does this have to do with Ruby's cafe?"

"If you don't listen, the business will just get worse." He answered in a chilling tone. "I assume she's explained that people have suddenly stopped coming to her little shop. If that was to continue, someone could easily buy out her building and force her out."

The air was silent for a moment longer.

"Or maybe just the floor above her. Too much structural damage and water issues and there could be an accide~"

"Shut up!!" Weiss snapped, voice cracking. "Just stop... I understand. You don't need to keep going..."

She could probably hear her father's smirk.

"You finally understand just how much control I still have over you? Good." He said firmly. "I'll give you a week to come in. I'll be seeing you, daughter."

The call cut, leaving Weiss sitting in the bedroom, backed into a corner that she couldn't get out from. The feeling of mortal dread that filled her lungs, cold and painful, gave her the insight to understand the choices she had.

1. She could stay with Ruby and destroy her business.

2. She could try and fight again her father legally, which would probably still end in the Cookies being destroyed.

3. She could risk trying to secretly date Ruby while working for her father, which probably wouldn't work out.

Or

4. She could break up with Ruby and leave her damaged, but also save her life's work.