Chapter 9: Circus Set Up in Rome

ROME: 0 km

The circus was doing the show performance in the Colosseum in Rome. The penguins were hiding inside of the ticket stand with the piles of money.

"What a dump! lf they want to attract a decent sports team, they should bulldoze this rat trap and invest in a new arena." Skipper explained.

The monkeys were in disguise as the circus master to give tickets to the humans. Alex, Mariah, and Marty were looking around at the Colosseum as they walked.

"The Colosseum, guys! The original theater-in-the-round. My ancestors used to perform here." Alex said.

"No kidding!" Marty said.

"Really?" Mariah asked in, surprised.

"Yeah. Every show had a captive audience. Apparently, they killed." Alex replied.

"Sounds like a great gig!" Marty said.

They walked into the circus tent. The circus animals were getting ready to do their performance.

"Trenta minuti, everybody! Trenta minuti!" Stefano said to the others for reminder.

"This is so exciting!" Marty said.

"I hope they will be doing great." Mariah said.

"Remember, we just lay low. Stay out of the way. Let them do their thing." Alex said both of them.

"Would you look at this?" Marty asked.

Marty and Mariah looked down to see four puppies in costumes, two of them wearing in black suits and the other two wearing in dresses.

"Nice outfits, guys." Mariah said to the puppies.

"Thank you, miss." A puppy in a yellow dress said happily.

Adriana was crawling to the puppies and trying to touch them until when she did, the puppies adored her, which made Adriana giggle.

"Who is this cute baby?" A puppy in the blue dress asked.

"This is our daughter, Adriana." Alex answered.

Mariah picked up Adriana to carry her.

"You gotta go back in your momma's belly cause you're too cute to be out here in the real world." Marty said to the puppies.

"Oi! Naff off, you muppet!" The puppy in a blue dress said angrily.

The puppies got mad, and they all got weapons out, and Marty got scared, hiding behind Alex as Mariah walked back in a few inches.

"Whoa! What the...?" Marty asked.

"Marty, they're professionals. Come on." Alex said.

Marty sees the white female horses and runs to them.

"You look gorgeous!" Marty shouted.

Mariah sees Katie that she was checking on them and decided to walk to her.

"Hey, Katie. Checking of the circus animals?" Mariah asked.

"Yeah, they said that they have been waiting a while because they have a long time in a train to go to a location most of the time." Katie explained.

"All right, animals! We may be your new owners, but we don't want to reinvent the circus wheel here, so just go out, do what you do! Just think of this as a fun warm-up for that promoter in London. Right, Marty? Marty?" Alex asked.

Marty was with the female horses to have fun.

"l want to be a circus horse!" Marty said.

"We could paint you white!" The first female horse said.