Chapter 13: Captain DuBois Escapes

The policemen unlocked and got into the cell for Captain DuBois.

"Captain Chantal DuBois. Get up! l'm going to have to send you back to Monaco under maximum security." The leader of police man explained.

There was silence on the bed that Captain DuBois was sleeping on. The other two policemen slowly get closer and remove the blanket, but it is just only pillows.

"What? lt's just a pillow!" The leader said.

"That's the oldest trick in the book, Comandante. Every bambino in ltaly knows that one." The first police man explained.

"Maybe, but do they know about the old escape hole behind the innocent-looking poster?" The leader asked.

He went up to the mirror and ripped the poster, but it was a mirror that had the word, 'Stupido' and arrows around, even a lipstick kiss stain on it.

"Or the really old 'l'm gonna hide up on the ceiling' trick!" The leader said and shot the ceiling with his gun, but nothing happened.

The cops pointed to under the bed to show it to the leader for an escape.

"Of course." The leader said.

He ducks down, and he sees that there was a big cracked hole under the bed.

"The secret tunnel under the bed!" The leader shouted.

He gets up.

"Get this thing out of the way." The leader commands.

The two police men move the bed out of the way, and the leader looks in to see inside the hole.

"Let's go!" The leader commands.

All three police men went into the hole to check it out. Suddenly, the bed was cut open by a knife, and Captain DuBois got out of it to escape.

"This secret tunnel is a dead end!" The leader shouted.

"There's nothing but bedsprings and mattress stuffing down here!" One of the police got shouted.

Captain DuBois walks out and hits the door behind.

"Was that the sound of a cell door closing?" The other police man asked.

Captain DuBois goes to a computer and searches for 'missing lion and lioness' and clicks and sees something on the screen.

"Voila." Captain DuBois said.

She pressed the print screen button, and the printer, the two pictures from the computer, and took them.

"Was that the sound of my HP printer printing?" The police man asked.

The computer screen shows that tile says 'Famous Central Park Zoo Lion and Lioness Still Missing' that there was a picture of Alex and Mariah on the website.