023

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE:

lydia and marcie went to the school to talk to tamara. they waited in lydia's moms office.

scott found out that she was the new hunter working with gerard.

"you wanted to see me? sorry, i must be in the wrong place. someone said ms. martin was looking for me." tamara said when she saw the two girls.

"oh, it's the right place, wrong ms. martin." lydia said with a smile.

"you should sit down." marcie said but she just stood there.

"i know who you are, lydia and marcie. so, what am i here to talk to you girls about?" she asked them walking in.

lydia went over to the door and shut it as marcie put her phone in her back pocket. lydia turned back and looked at tamara.

"coexistence." lydia said.

"coexistence?" tamara asked.

"for people like you. and people like lydia and i." marcie said making tamara turn to her.

"that's a bit of a challenge. especially, considering people like you two aren't quite the same as people like me." tamara replied.

"hmm. that's usually where coexistence breaks down." lydia said walking over to point to the chair closets to tamara.

tamara sat down and lydia sat in the chair beside her.

marcie just sat on lydia's mother's chair and put her feet up on the desk.

"when we highlight our differences." lydia said.

"what is it you really want, girls?" tamara asked.

"oh, what we want is something very small and simple. we want a peace summit." marcie said.

she took her feet off the desk so she could walk closer to tamara.

she walked to the front of the desk and sat on top of it.

"you see, we already asked gerard but he refused." marcie explained.

"then you got your answer." tamara replied.

"which is why we're asking you to convince him to meet. what if you're the only one that can stop this?" lydia asked her.