Chapter One

"Alright," Mr. Aizawa began, speaking in his usual monotone. Today, we'll be canceling the test to work on your Term Projects."
               Whoops we're heard from Mina and Kaminari, while Iida was visibly shocked. Uraraka was comforting him, and Tsu was chiming in too. Momo was busy creating a new planner to map out when the test would be held, and Kirishima was blabbing to Bakugo about how he totally forgot to study.
               Mr. Aizawa made no effort to shut the class up, so, of course, Iida took it upon himself to act, and the class was quiet in seconds.
               "Anyways, so, I'm gonna call in Midnight, and she'll explain the rest." With that, he gave the class one last wave, and crawled into his yellow sleeping bag, and was instantly passed out cold.
                Mineta almost passed out as well when Midnight walked into the room. Graceful as ever, with her hands folded behind her head,  she slipped into the room and closed the door behind her.
                "Okay, everyone!" She started excitedly. "Today, we'll be starting your term projects, which count for 70% of your final grade. Anyways, this project requires you to be in pairs, though you will be graded individually. I will be picking the teams."
                 Groans were heard from every corner of the room.
                   "Anyways, the partners are as follows:
Midoriya and Todoroki
Iida and Uraraka
Jiro and Kaminari
Bakugo and Kirishima
Sero and Mina
Momo and Tokoyami
Asui and Koda
Ojiro and Hagakure
Sato and Shoji
Mineta and Aoyama
         "Okay then, please move to sit with your partners!"
           Ojiro and Toru looked ecstatic, well Ojiro did, and everyone assumed Toru did too. Tsu seemed happy enough, and Koda had a big grin on his face. Sato and Shoji weren't really talking, but they didn't seem to be uncomfortable. Jiro was already laughing at Kaminari after he did something stupid, and a slight blush was forming on both of their cheeks. Momo and Tokoyami were already comparing notes and discussing possible strategies on what the project was, and how they can achieve success. Sero and Mina were doing some kind of handshake, and they were both sitting on their desks whispering about who know what. Kirishima looked thrilled, Bakugo not so much, but everyone knew there was no one else in the class that could possibly team up with him and stay sane. Or endure his quirk. Uraraka and Iida looked thrilled, and they were already in a debate about something, eyes shining.
           After realizing that Todoroki wouldn't be moving, Izuku (I'm just gonna call him Deku) stood up nervously, grabbed his bag, and shuffled to the back of the room. However, he wasn't looking where he was going, and he tripped over Momo's binder, and braced himself for hitting the floor.
            When he didn't, he didn't realize what was happening at first. He looked up, and turned bright red when he realized that Todoroki had caught him, and was now holding him bridal style in his arms. Todoroki, apparently oblivious to Deku's reaction, set him down gently, and whispered, "are you okay?" Only loud enough for Midoriya to hear it. He could only nod his head as he buried his face in his hero notebook, desperate to not let Todoroki see his face. Midoriya had had a crush on the fire and ice boy since the first day of school, when he was the only one who let him sit next to him.
              "Alright, now that everyone's found their partners, I just need you all to relax for about five minutes." Midnight started, subtly activating her quirk. The principle has managed to toy with it a bit, so now it could do something else, other than make people fall asleep.
             Almost everyone passed out instantly, and within 30 seconds, the whole class was out cold. Midnight smiled to herself, and let them sleep for a little while longer. They were going to need it.

———

     "Um, Todoroki-kun?" Deku asked nervously. What the students didn't know is that they'd be provided with an apartment to live in with their partners, and Midoriya was so nervous he could barely even talk.
      "Yes?" Todoroki answered, his cool tones floating  around Izuku's head making him dizzy.
        "We don't have any food- I guess we're not supposed to depend on the the cafeteria anymore. Do you know any good places around we could go grocery shopping?" Midoriya mumbled, counting out the money they had been provided with- exactly $10,000 dollars for the whole rest of the school year, which was about five months, which Izuku thought was a bit much.
        "Actually, I know a place down the street. It's rather large, but it works just fine. Only bring what we're going to spend. I'd hate to lose any of it." Todoroki replied calmly,  hearing Deku perfectly despite his mumbling.
        Midoriya nodded and they set out. They obviously weren't old enough to drive, so they walked for about five minutes to a bus stop near their apartment. They got on the bus bound for the supermarket, and they were off. Todoroki insisted on sitting next to Midoriya, despite Deku believing he wanted nothing to do with him.
        When they finally got to the supermarket, Todoroki was surprised at how organized Izuku was. He had already made a list, and seemed to know exactly what they needed to buy, and how much of it. He wasn't buying junk, either. He picked out good, quality, healthy stuff, and for the first time since they were paired up, Todoroki saw Izuku smile. He quickly looked away, not sure why. Seeing him smile like that had Todoroki feeling something he'd never felt before.
        But the time they got to the register, Izuku had filled the cart, and Todoroki was sure that he would be way over their budget. But, sure enough, he typed in his phone number, and recurved ten percent off his order. He had gotten exactly $99 of food, and he even helped the cashier by bagging it himself. Todoroki, in shock, ran over to help Midoriya with the bags he was obviously struggling with. In fact, Todoroki almost smiled himself. He looked cute when he was frustrated.