06

I walked closer to the woman, only to see Darling sitting behind her. He made a silly face at me and smiled while I avoided his eyes and concentrated on the woman.

'Hello dear, you're Natalie right? My son has been talking about you always, he's always mentioning your name. Please take  good care of him for me okay and you must also take care of yourself and be a good girl.' Mrs Darling said to me. I couldn't say anything so I just stood there awkwardly and replied with an okay.

'Are you going to watch the dancing competition?'

'Yes mam. Erm, I'll take my leave then.' I said to her turning to leave.

'Go with Desmond then to watch it dear.'  She said to.  'Okay' I answered 'is this woman trying to play matchmaker or what? What sort of mother encourages her child to be in a relationship as at the age of thirteen? Maybe it is a mother supporting her son in acquiring what he wants. Whatever' I thought.

'Mama, her sister is also part of those dancing.' I heard Dee say to his mother. 'That's nice, I wish her luck.' She replied to his comment. I nodded at her and turned to leave, immediately, Desmond was by my side with his arm around my waist.

'What are you doing?' I whispered to him whilst attempting to get out of his hold.

'Stop it, my mom is watching, this relationship has been made official so I can hold you. Just enjoy it.'

This guy is not serious, so I decided to ignore him even though my heart has been swayed by him. I still don't want him to know. We reached the area where the competition was ongoing and we looked for a good spot that will give us a good view of the stage.

'Now let's support your sister, I can see she can really dance since she's been able to be selected among the five finalist.' Desmond said to me while we were standing there.

I ignored him and decided to concentrate on the dance going on. It was really nice and I was enjoying it. 'Nat, I can see that your sister is going to win this competition.' A mate said to me. I only nodded at him and continued watching the competition. Another person came and said the same thing but I decided to ignore them and watch the dance competition because it was getting interesting.

After some time, the competition was at the final stage and the dance was between two people; my cousin and a boy who also took part of the competition. This time around, it was a fierce competition because, no guy will want to lose to a girl so the guy was trying his best and my cousin was also doing her best. Later, I saw her make a dance move that had me laughing.

'What's funny? Are you laughing at your sister? She is far better than you,  at least she knows how to dance, but I'm sure you can't even make a move to dance.' Desmond said to me.

'Dancing is a movement of the body, everyone can dance, even if you don't know how to dance and you move your legs or hand or head to a rhythm, you are dancing. Pftt.' I replied to what he said.

'Natalie, I've been looking for  you all around, where have you been?' my cousin Claudia asked me.  The competition has ended and  she was the winner, I'm proud of her though, she did well.

'I've been here waiting for you. Well done but that 'azonto' move was kind of funny. But you tried because I thought you wouldn't be able to do it at all. That was good.'

'Look who's talking? Can you even dance for you to be talking about dancing moves?' I heard Desmond say  from behind me, I decided not to mind him but my cousin spoke up before I can stop her.

'Who told you she can't dance? She's the person who taught me how to dance.' After hearing this piece of information, Desmond and Emily stood with their mouths ajar and eyes wide.

'Why haven't I seen you dance since we started school?' Emily asked

'That's because I don't dance in public, I dance at home; on the compound or in the room.' I answered.

'See you guys later.' I told them and went on my way home with my cousin.

***************†*******†************

Love
Anything gold.