32

It's been weeks since our encounter at the beach. He hasn't called me but we chat on phone at times.

We went for a social festive together with some friends but when he saw me, he spoke less with me but there were times where I would catch him staring at me.

Larry told me that Desmond didn't want me to follow them but he told him I can come and that it's nothing.

So when we came back, I called Desmond the next day to meet him at the park.

I told him what Larry told me and he looked confused. But he told me that I shouldn't pay attention to him and that he doesn't know why he will do that.

He called Larry and placed the phone on speaker, he asked me to keep quite so that I know who is telling the truth.

When he answered, Desmond told him that I called him complaining about something that he said.

He also asked him what happened and Larry told him that he shouldn't mind me, not only that, he said some things that made me very disappointed that I have such pretentious people around me.

After the call, he told me to forget about it and that it's part of life.

We spoke for some time, after he asked me about my boyfriend and I answered all his questions. I also asked him about his girlfriend and he told me that he was waiting for me but it seems it's not going to happen so now he's a floating man.

'I guess there can never be another chance between us then. I still love you but I can't have you. Be good to your boyfriend Gold.' He told me.

After he said that, I felt like that was what I needed. His consent, his approval of my new relationship.

A part of me miss him already but yet he was standing in front of me.

We were staring at each other, I felt like having his lips on mine for the last time because this moment feels like it's our last time meeting like this.

I knew he felt the same because he looked at my lips and was drawing closer but he stopped and went for a hug instead. We stayed in each other's arms for a while before pulling apart.

When he turned and walked away, I knew it was the last time. I turned around to see him looking behind him as well. We both knew that it has ended. Whatever that existed between us ended that night.

Even though I still feel something for him, I don't think we can be together. I wish things were different but this is what we are now.

Desmond Darling and Natalie Gold's love story is now history, but the memories we share are carved in my heart.

The End
********†*******†*******""**†*******
Thanks so much for staying with me throughout the journey of this story. It was great with you all. I know it's been a long journey but you were still with me. Thanks again for reading Carved in the heart.

Started on 27th May, 2018
Ended on 7th October, 2020

Love,
Anything gold.