21

Unedited

Things have not been as I expected in our relationship but there is an improvement. There was a time I met a guy called Chris.

This guy nearly ruined my relationship with Desmond. It all started one evening.

I went to church and I saw Desmond, he also saw I but he didn’t pay attention to me, he was with one other girl and I was trying to get his attention. I decided to wave at him so that he will notice me but he just didn’t mind me.

Not that he didn’t look in my direction, he did but I didn’t understand why he was behaving that way.

So instead of waiting for mass to end, I got out after offering and I decided to go home because I didn’t want to meet Desmond after we close, because I know he is going to give excuses as to why he behaved that way.

As I was walking home on the quiet street, I realized someone was following me. I became scared because it was late at night and I was the only one walking by the roadside apart from whoever was following me.

So I decided to hurry up to the main street maybe I might see some cars or people apart from myself and the person following me.

‘What’s your name and why are you walking alone on the street?’ I heard a voice ask

‘Erm, nothing’ I replied turning around to see who asked the question.

I was met with a gentle nice guy, he was nice but creepy at the same time.
I just got this feeling of uneasiness from him that I just wished he would leave me alone.

‘Can you please stop following me? I don’t like that.’ I told him getting annoyed with him, myself and Desmond at the same time.

If he hadn’t behaved the way he did, I wouldn’t have gotten annoyed and hurt to leave before mass ends and if I hadn’t left, I wouldn’t have faced this trouble.

‘My guy, left am make we go, you don follow am for almost 30mins but she no dey mind you. Make we go.’ I heard another voice say.

Apparently, he was walking with his friend which I didn’t notice earlier on because I was thinking about what happened at church and how to get away from this stalker.

It’s late and I want to go to my bed and sleep but how can I go home with someone following me? Only God knows what he wants.

‘Listen, I’ll follow you until your tell me your name and also give me your contact. Not just any contact because I’ll make sure it’s the right one if not, I’m following you home.’ He told me.

I’m almost home and this guy is still following me, I just want him to stop following me so that I can think.

‘I guess it won’t hurt when I give him my contact, after all what will happen if he calls and I don’t answer? It’s better than he following me home whereas I don’t know what he’s capable of doing.’ I said to myself.

‘Are you sure you’re going to stop following me once I give you my contact?’ I asked him.

‘Yes, if only it’s the right one.’ He said.

‘Okay, 0274367919. That’s it. Now please stop following me.’ I told him after giving him the number.

‘Okay, I’ll call you’ he told me after he dialed the number to make sure that it is the right number.

I stood for a while and waited to make sure that I can’t see their backs before I continued my journey home.

****†********************†**********
Love,
Anything gold.