Prologue

Unedited

Hands are moving in my hair. It then travels all the way up and then I feel my body give a crack sound. Yes, that is me giving a stretch. Early morning stretches are what you need to start your day well. Still lying in bed, I got up and decided sit on the edge of my bed first before heading to the bathroom to take my bath.

After, I come to the room to meet my sister also dressing up. We always wake up early so as to get to school very early. With the pomade in my palms and massaging it onto my skin, I heard my from behind me.

"Natalie, there's a transfer student in your class, go and look for the person when we get to school." My sister, Amanda said to me.

Why is she asking me to look for someone she claims to know. In her explanation, she says he is a friend of hers and that they met at a competition. My sister mostly attends youth quizes organized by the church we attend and she is usually a participant in the quiz, in fact, she is among the people who represent the youth of the church in those quizes.

They attended a quiz in one of the regions in my country, which was a national quiz so all other branches of the church came was present with their youth to participate in the quiz. Apparently, that was where she met the said person she is asking me to look for. 

"We're in the same school so you can look for whoever that person is and it seems you the person already.' I retorted.
If you have seen someone you know, spoken to and had a friendly encounter with, isn't it wise to just go straight to the person and say" Hello, what a pleasant surprise to see you here" or"Hi! It's so good to see you again. "?  But No! That is not for my sister. Amanda always wants someone to do something for her and I don't even know why I should find that person.

"Listen the person is wearing a green uniform so you will definitely find that person. We know each other from a program I went."

"Okay, but what should I tell the person?" I asked but I didn't get any response. This is what annoys me the most, asking a question and not getting a response. What on earth am I supposed to say when I finally meet this person?

I turned around and she had left the room, but her school bag was on her bed meaning that she's not left yet.

I decided to not focus too much on the conversation we just had and hurry to school.

'I don't even understand why she asked me to look for someone I don't even know. What's worse is that I don't even have any information for the person. I guess I'll just check if there's someone like she described in my class.' I thought on my way to school.

*****†*******†**********†***********
Love,
Anything gold