07

"Desmond's mom told her to take good care of her son and that she should visit them at home soon." I hear Emily say to some group of our friends who are gathered around her  immediately I entered the classroom. I'm guessing from their conversation that she's talking about my meeting with Dee's mom. I told them not to pay attention to her but I think they all wanted to believe whatever they wanted to.

During the vacations, my mom's sickness had taken a turn for the worse and she passed on some days to the date of reopening. I remember there was a time that she came to the school to see me. Desmond wanted to meet her but he was nowhere to be found when she came. My classmates are still unaware of this and I hope it remains so because I don't want anyone to feel pity for me. Eventually, it didn't last for long. Mrs. Feladin came to call me from the classroom. 'Natalie, how are you feeling?'

'I'm okay.' I answered. 'Are you sure you're okay? I heard about your mom, take heart okay. God is in control and don't think too much otherwise,it will bother your studies.'

'Okay madam, thank you.' I went back to my seat only to realize that all eyes were on me. I decided not to pay attention to them and took my seat. Immediately I sat down, I was bombarded with questions here and there.

'Why aren't you crying? What happened to your mom? You never told us that your mom is dead or was sick. Why aren't you feeling down?' these are some of the questions that they kept on asking and I kept on ignoring them until Desmond came.

He took his seat next to me, because since we moved to form two, we've been sitting together. By the look on his face, someone might have told him about my mom. 'Natalie, why didn't you call me to tell me when it happened? Are you alright? I'll tell my mom about it so that we can come to the funeral together. When is the date?'

I told him about the date and asked him not to talk about it again. He nodded his head and changed the topic.

************
Everything went back to being normal except for the fact that somethings in my life has changed and on top of that, Desmond has also changed a bit, he's having another girlfriend in my class apart from me, which he thinks I'm not aware of and there are some in other classes.

He always denies it whenever I ask him. So I decided to ignore him after all, we're still together and he still reacts the same way towards me, the only change is that it has become a little bit romantic and sweet. I remember the time when we went for an excursion and we took a picture together. 'I'll keep this picture and bring it out the day we get married.' That was what Dee said to me after the picture was taken.

He is still the same caring guy though, I remember after the death of my mama, his mama always attends P. T. A meetings for the both of us. Apparently, my mom's sister couldn't treat my siblings and me as her own. Even when I'm going to school in the morning, she gives me GH¢1 without food. As I am in my final year, I would have to pay for extra classes and it was GH¢1 a day, I would have to use that money to pay for it

Desmond and my friends were the only ones giving me support at school, but his behavior towards our relationship changed even though he still gives me those kisses on my cheeks and hands every morning.

There was this particular girl that he was seeing and she was in our year group but we weren't friends. Her name was Sherry.

**********†**********†**************

Love,

Anything gold.