40-

{#}{#}{#}

We all go into Skylynn's room and to say she looks horrible is a compliment. She's hooked up to many machines, she's asleep and she's very, very pale. Also, she has bruises and scratches on her face.

I sigh and walk over to her bed, Ethan is standing behind me. Him being behind me is making my stomach swirl and flip and turn, but I ignore it.

After a few minutes of just standing in there listening to the machines in dead silence, looking at Sky,Ethan touches my shoulder, making me jump, and heat run through my whole body.

"Can we talk?" He asks and I nod, glancing back at Skylynn's pale body in the bed.

We walk out of the room and stand off to the side to talk. "What's up?" I ask, obviously very tired. He frowns a little bit, than says, "What were you doing with Jackson Donning?

I chuckle and shake my head at him. Is he seriously worried about that right now?! "We were gonna hangout, but than I got the call about Skylynn, and he showed up right after and brought me here, he's a friend as of right now," I explain to him honestly. I still do love Ethan.

"As of right now?" He asks me, looking away for a moment. I nod and play with my fingers. What if he thinks I'm getting over him and he goes and hooks up with someone? What if he's trying to get over me in some way?!

He takes a deep breath, looks at me, he just stares into my eyes. I furrow my eyebrows when he starts to lean in a little bit, but I find myself leaning in right along with him.

He gets an inch from my face, than crashed his lips onto mine in a powerful kiss that makes 10 zoos of butterflies swarm into my stomach and my whole body to get warm and start to buzz with energy.

I kiss him back of course, and we stand there and kiss for a few seconds, and I don't notice I'm crying until he pulls away with a concerned look on his face.

"Ethan, I don't know what I want yet," I tell him, starting to shake a little bit. He looks down sadly and takes my hand in his, holding it tightly. "I love you so much, please don't forget that," he says, making my heart break.

"I love you more than you'll ever know, but I promise, if you decide to come back to me, I'll prove that I love you with my whole heart and more. I'll prove it to you Natalia, I will, I know I hurt you, I know I did something unforgivable, but if you give me another chance I won't ever screw up again, please just decide to give me a chance," he says, staring into my eyes intensely.

I sigh, and smile. "Ethan Grant, you're the love of my life, I will love you forever. You don't understand how much I love you, I've been crushing since freshman year low key, but now that I know you, I radiate love for you and only you, I choose you," I say, staring into his beautiful brown/hazel eyes.

"I choose you."

{#}{#}{#}

Me and Ethan went back into the room after another 5 minutes and my mood that was brightened by him drops again seeing Skylynn. I sigh and hug my mom, laying my head on her shoulder as she shakes from nervousness.

"She'll be okay momma," I say to her, and she nods, but I don't think she's so sure of that.

I'm honestly scared too. Skylynn is a strong girl, but I'm terrified of her dying. She's the light of our family, she's what keeps us together. Before Skylynn was born, we were all just kinda, not a close family I guess, mom and dad would always be working, and Will took care of us 60% of the time. But mom and dad were there, but now that there was another little one, they stay home more and are with us a lot.

Skylynn is everything to us. She's the little sister I've always wanted. I was always the youngest until her, and the boys drove me insane. But now, they drive her even more insane because she's the baby of the family.

We've always been close as siblings, every one of us. It's just come to me that Nash is leaving, just like Will did, and it's just gonna be me, Hayes, and Sky until me and Hayes leave for college. That's so sad.

I go and sit next to Ethan on the floor next to the door and lean my head into his shoulder, than my phone goes off.

Jackson: doing okay??

I sigh and I can feel Ethan get a bit tense as he reads it also.

I reply back even if Ethan is watching, I basically just told him that he's the only person I choose over everyone in a romantic, dating, love sort of way and so he shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Me: I'm okay, she's still asleep :/

When I sent the text I look up at Ethan and he's already staring at me.

"I love you more than anything princess."

{#}{#}{#}

A few days pass, and Skylynn is awake and doing very good. When she woke up, Melanie, Abbey, and Shane went to the house and got us all clothes and brought them back to the hospital for us.

She's had many visitors and we are very grateful. Will stopped by for a few hours before going back to college because he had classes, and he's texted or called every hour.

Me and Ethan decided we are gonna date again, and everyone is really happy for us. I think it's gonna last forever this time. Of course there's gonna be bumps in the road, but it's gonna last.

Me and Jackson decided that we're strictly friends and nothing more, and Ethan promised me he wouldn't hoe around with a bunch of girls anymore.

All of the other relationships in the friend group are doing good for the most part, and I think we're all happy.

High school is crazy, but I'll get through it.

{#}{#}{#}

A/n: and that's the end of the book! I was getting really bored of it and I'm having so many ideas for other books right now. If you liked this book, and you want to see more, maybe even better ones, you should follow me.

~lauryn💞