Chapter 69

"FATHER!" Jungkook called out to his father in the throne room. He opened the door rushingly and knelt while bowing his head.

"I am in need of your assistance once again, father." He says, head still hanging low. He heard him sigh and felt him do an eye roll. "Yes, I found your friends. Now move along."

"It's not that."

"What is it then?"

"My friends, the fire bearer, Taehyung and our protector. I think they've been captured." He was going to say 'controlled' instead of 'captured' but he didn't want that to be true and so, he lied. In a way or so.

"I ask of you, father. With all my heart and soul, I'll protect it to my death and won't hand it to anyone but myself. Will you please let me borrow the gem?" His father widened his eyes and coughed.

"As much as I trust you son, I can only hand it to you when your in the right age and time." He frowns sadly, resting his palm over his shoulder.

"But Father! I am in the right age and it IS the right time! I'm literally twenty one years old and my friends are in danger! Their in the hands of death, father!" He explains in an angered tone that changed the mind of his father. Once again, his father sighed and opened a portal that showed nothing but darkness. And the only thing that made it light up were stars. It was the void.

He made the gem levitate and as soon as it was out of the portal, it glowed with such light that could blind anyone. Jungkook couldn't even stand it and shielded his eyes with his wings. His father could effortlessly stand the light for he was the protector. He covered the gem with a special cloth that could hold in its blinding light and motioned Jungkook to stop shielding his eyes. Jungkook wore an amazed expression, jaw dropped and eyes wide. "The power it has even just by the light."

"Yes son, indeed it is strong but I must warn you. You must ONLY use this as to defeat the evil," He hands over the gem to him and held it tightly on his hand, Jungkook listening attentively and looking at the gem on his hand.

"I trust you to hold onto this with all your heart, Jungkook." He smiled at him as Jungkook looked up and with that said, he replied with determination, "I wont let you down, Father!" He flew out of the throne room and leaving his father alone but at peace. He smiled at him fondly.

"I believe in you Jungkook, my son."

Jungkook was the only one considered the strongest. He didn't like it. He didn't want the attention, he wasn't the mastermind, he was just someone who cooperates with plans. And him leading a plan gave him an uneasy feeling but he tried his best and smiled for them.

"Quickly! Everyone get to Centauri!" He ordered as everyone follows what he says. They all settle down and Jungkook takes the stirring wheel. Jungkook was panicked, he didn't have someone to control the latitudes for him.

Hyunmi saw the look on his face and volunteered to help. She stood up and walked to Taehyung's station, she looked over at Jungkook as the other stares at her with confusion in his eyes. She smiled cheekily and said, "I volunteer to help. Leian would have wanted me to." Jungkook nods along and gave her a smile as well. Whilst the ship was sailing and setting course to get to the Kingdom of Hel, he called his hyung, Namjoon, for attention.

"H-Hyung." He stutters, still looking at the front to see where he was going. Namjoon felt that he was under pressure.

I mean, who wouldn't be when their friends' lives depended on their hands?

"I... I don't have a plan. I don't know how to save them.. h-hyung, help." Tears started to flow down his cheeks. Namjoon frowned, seeing him in this state made his heart ache.

Jungkook was gonna lie about having a plan but, if they asked for it he would even be in more pressure. Namjoon patted his back, taking over the steering wheel for him as the younger one cried on his shoulder. Hiding himself under his wings.

"Hyung, I don't know what to do... I-I already promised my dad that I could do it but.. I can't. Hyung..." He cried once more, feeling warm tears on Namjoon's shoulder.

"S-Sorry.. I shouldn't have asked for help. Nevermind, you can go now hyung." He said with regret and wiped his tears away, taking the steering wheel away from Namjoon's hands but the older one didn't budge and his hands stayed put, Jungkook looked at him and saw him with a smile.

"Hey, what kind of man doesn't keep to a promise?" Jungkook wiped away a tear that had unknowingly fell and stared at him with confusion. "I'll help you. Plus, I promised myself to protect everyone I love." He said, placing his palm over his chest proudly.

They all arrived in Hel in an hour or so. Namjoon made sure that they landed quietly in a place far away from the main land of Hel. This time, they all agreed to go to the palace. All of them. They walked discreetly towards the palace of Hel, which stood out tall, Jungkook lead them towards the palace while Namjoon made sure everyone was together.

They arrived in front of the doors of the palace. "Stay here, I'll scan if its safe." Jungkook warns and leaves Namjoon and Jin in charge.

The younger looks around the corners and comes back up to the group. He wondered how they weren't noticed yet with this much people. Jungkoom gave a thumbs up as Namjoon nodded and they walked inside the palace. For now, it was safe. There was no one in the hall, it gave them time to process what the interior was of the palace. It looked like a dungeon. Pillars supporting the palace as vines assisted them. It looked so abandoned yet filled with such scary auras all around.

Then in the distance, faint claps were heard. "Well well well! Finally, you guys are here!" A man stood at the top of the stair cases, on his left were where Taehyung, Leian and Yoongi stood. On his right were where Hana and Kai stood, with mischievous smirks plastered on their faces. Jungkook had wanted to punch the smirk out of their faces. "You expected us?" Asked Nari, she didn't know about anything that was happening.

Who was this guy?

The man stared pathetically at Nari with a raised brow. He laughs. "How clueless of you! Jungkook-ah, I'm guessing you want them as sacrifices for your friends to be free from Hana's control?" He points at Hana. Jungkook's eyes grew wide and so did Jin's.

I knew they were acting weird!

"How could you!" Jungkook shouted at Hana as she just shrugs with a smug face. Jungkook was filled with rage and thus, he took out the gems. He aligned them in a vertical line and instructed the boys to stand behind their perspective gems. Except for Taehyung's and Yoongi's so Jungkook tried to take over the two gems. The man took it as a sign of war and made Taehyung, Yoongi and Leian stand infront of him with their arms forward and palm open.

For a moment, Jungkook heard a very very faint voice, "I'm so sorry."

——————————
:)