Police station!

Joe's pov
I was sat on the sofa just about to text Di when I heard a knock on the door. "Joe!" She said while hugging me so tight. "It's alright Di I'm here" I said while brushing strands of hair behind her ear. "Ah , Dianne are you ready to go down to the police station" my mum said while walking out from the kitchen. "Ready as I'll ever be" she said taking a deep breath. " your so brave Di , that's one of a million reasons why  I love you" I said blushing.

Dianne's pov
As we entered the police station my hands became sweaty and my breathing became unsteady, I was having a panic attack. "Joe I need some fresh air before I do this , can you come with me." But before I got a reply he picked me up and carried me outside. " breathe in .. and breathe out" he said which started to calm me down. " you don't have to do this Di" but I cut him off. " I'm doing it no matter what" I said in a now calm voice. "Come on lets go back inside"he said while taking me hand and leading me back inside. I was sat in a room with a scary looking police officer, getting ready to tell what my stepdad did to me . But he got a call then told me to go wait outside.

Joe's pov
I ran up to Di as soon as I saw her exit the room. " I'm so sorry Di" but she just looked at me confused. " for what"she replied with a confused tone. " your stepdad killed himself." But before I could say anything else she just pulled me into a tight hug , I could feel her tears soaking through my shirt. " I don't really know why I'm crying , I'm happy I don't have to deal with him anymore, but where am I going to stay." She said while wiping her tears. " don't be silly my mum has already decorated a room for you and she's in that room signing paper to become your guardian, but don't worry she's not your step mum , that would be bit awkward" I said watching a smile spread across her face. " are you sure  , I don't want to be a pain" she said while pulling out of the hug . " I'm sure you just need to sign one thing."

Dianne's pov
"And done .now you are allowed to call the Suggs home , your home too ." I kind police officer said . "Thank you so much Tracey , you don't know how much this means to me." I said while we all had a group hug.