i miss you

Jeongin stood in his room, facing a large mirror. He was dressed in his nicest suit, a bright yellow pocket square sat in his breast pocket.

Chan’s favorite color.

Chan and him had dated for over 5 years. Jeongin loved, no, was in love with Chan, and he knew he’d never be able to stop. He missed him already, and it had only been a week since the fatal car crash that killed his beloved, but spared the young boy.

It broke Jeongin even more when the doctors had returned from Chan’s hospital room, a small box in one of their hands.

“We’re sorry, sir, but he couldn’t make it. We however found this in his back pocket and figured you’d like to keep it.”

It was a ring.

A beautiful diamond sat atop a band of silver.

Chan was going to propose.

But he never got the chance.

Jeongin wore that ring ever day. It pained him to look at the ring, as it held the best and worst memories of their relationship, but it pained him even more to take it off. This was the last remembrance of Chan Jeongin had left, besides the abundance of sweatshirts he had stolen from the older.

With one last glance in the mirror, Jeongin wipes his ever flowing tears and walked out of his and Chan’s apartment.

This funeral would be a tough one.