coffee

Jeongin walked into his usual coffee shop. He stopped here every day before he went to school, the caffeine making up for his lack of sleep. A bell rung, signifying someone had entered, leading the barista to look over in Jeongin’s direction. When their eyes met the both quickly looked away, blush sprouting from their necks.

“The usual?” Chan, the barista asked Jeongin as he sat down.

“Yes, please.” Jeongin mumbled, pulling out his math homework that he had forgotten to do the night before. With a quick glance at the time, Jeongin realized he had much more time than he thought he did, still having forty minutes until he had to leave the warm coffee shop to head to school. He smiled slightly.

Maybe I could start up a conversation with Chan Hyung then!

However, Chan beat him to it.

“You got here earlier than usual, any reason?”

“No, couldn’t sleep. Just figured I might as well come here and finish my homework, Hyung.”

“Ah. Well in that case, do you mind If we chat for a bit?”

“No, not at all, Hyung.”

Chan smiled widely at Jeongin, his dimples becoming a prominent feature. Jeongin instantly smiled back.

Chan handed Jeongin his coffee, then pulled up a stool to sit on.

“How old are you? I’m assuming I’m older, since you call me Hyung.”

“Oh. I just turned 18.”

“Cool! I’ll be 22 later this year. So are you in your last year of high school then?”

“Yeah, I’m graduating soon though.”

The conversation continued with them asking each other questions such as their favorite color and subject in school. Jeongin learning Chan was in college for music production, and Chan learning Jeongin wanted to go to culinary school.

Unfortunately, their conversation was cut short as Jeongin had to head off to school.

“Sorry Hyung, I have to head to school. See you tomorrow?”

“Yeah for sure!”

Little did Jeongin know on his receipt was a phone number, written for him by the cute blonde barista.

a/n

if you happen to have a specific plot you'd like for one of these, I'm always willing to take requests, even if they aren't jeongchan!