low battery

Chan stepped into the café, his laptop under his arm and his backpack slung across his back. He was stacked up on homework from college, and he figured a café setting would help him be more productive that sitting in his dark apartment.

He sat his belongings at a table before ordering his coffee, deciding he'd get a small pastry as well to fuel his hunger. Sitting back down at his booth, he opened his laptop only to realize the low percentage and the fact that he had completely forgotten his charger at home.

Chan slammed his head against the table, groaning. He felt a tap on his shoulder and looked up, only to meet eyes with a stranger with fox-like features who held a laptop charger in his hand.

"Uh you can borrow this... I noticed your percentage and figured you might need it..." The stranger mumbled.

Chan's eyes lit up and he grinned, gently grabbing the charger.

"Oh my god you're my savior! Thank you so much!"

"Oh uh do you mind if I sit here? All the other tables are full.."

"No not at all!" Chan tapped the seat beside him.

The stranger sat beside him with a grateful smile, bowing his head slightly. He sat out his own laptop, along with a couple textbooks that Chan recognized from his junior year of high school. Chan debated whether he should say something to the younger, but eventually decided against it and just went back to his essay.

After about 20 minutes had passed, Chan heard a loud groan and the sound of a book slamming. He looked over at an angry boy, flinging his arms up above his head.

"Frickin algebra! I hate it!"

Chan chuckled, shaking his head slightly. He then leaned over, looking at the boy who was angrily pouting with his arms folded over each other.

"Would you like some help?"

"Please!"

Chan then dove into a lengthy explanation of how to do each problem in the textbook, with a wide eyed teenager staring at him in awe the entire time. After he was finished, the teen thanked him immediately, bowing his head slightly.

"Oh I'm Chan by the way." Chan stuck out his hand to shake with the other male.

"Jeongin!"

Chan smiled at Jeongin, basking in the calming aura the younger gave off.

With another couple hours of conversation and work, Chan and Jeongin had both finished their respective homework. They exchanged numbers, and Chan handed back Jeongin's charger.

They left the café, with their hearts full and smiles bright.

And to think, it all happened because Chan forgot his charger.