your now deceased friend

We were best friends. The two of us would constantly hang out with the other 7, but we'd be the closest and cling onto one another. We'd laugh hysterically at each other's idiotic comments and actions, acting as if nothing mattered.

Then you got a girlfriend.

She was stunning, but nothing compared to you. You two looked so happy together, so I pushed back my feelings of jealousy and despair. The two of you were perfect for each other, your personalities molding to create the perfect duo.

You eventually forgot about me.

You would always cancel our weekly Sunday hang outs, saying you were taking her out on a date. I got over it, but it still hurt occasionally.

3 years of selfishly hoping you guys would break up, get sick of one another, anything, and you proposed. She, of course, said yes. You looked happier than ever. Happier than I ever made you. So I pushed my own feelings away, agreeing to be your best man.

A month later you were married. I ran out before the kiss. It hurt you, but in the moment I couldn't care. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I burst into tears as you kissed your bride.

I'm writing you this note, Bang Chan, as a final goodbye. By the time you've read this, you've returned from your honeymoon, and I would've been long gone. The bridge is high, and the water is surely freezing, but I'll manage.

I loved you, Chan. I have ever since the day you transferred to my school in the 8th grade. But I understand I simply wasn't the one for you.

Enjoy the rest of your life, Channie.

-your now deceased friend, Yang Jeongin.

////

omg thank y'all so much for over 200 reads ;3;