different from others, but they love the same

Jeongin slammed into a wall for the 6th time this morning. This was his first week in a new school, and he didn't have the layout memorized yet, leading to some painful encounters with both walls and the occasional student.

Jeongin was blind. He had never seen the blue skies or the lush green grass just outside his window. Nor had he seen the deaf boy who would stare at him from across the halls, smiling slightly.

Chan had been deaf since an accident at the age of 3. As a toddler, he was always oblivious to the fact that he couldn't hear the sound of the sports games his father watched or his mother's cries of despair for her oldest son. Chan thought no one could hear those things.

Both of them were bullied throughout their school years. Both had done home school through junior high, but both decided to try again for high school. Chan had been doing relatively okay, classes were a pain, as the teacher would often speak too fast or be out of Chan's sight so he would have to rely on copying his seatmates notes. Jeongin had been fine with classes, but the hallways were a living hell. He couldn't find his locker at all, so he carried his back pack around with him, much to the displeasure of his teachers.

Jeongin had never seen Chan, but Chan saw Jeongin everywhere. He was in every single one of his classes, and often sat nearby.

Chan thought Jeongin was utterly adorable. He winced every time he watched Jeongin run into a wall, and had gone up to ask if he was okay on multiple occasions, but chickened out before he could open his mouth. Instead he watched from afar, smiling lovingly at the younger.

Until one day when Jeongin's nose began to bleed after an encounter with a wall. Chan didn't hesitate to run up to him, asking if he was okay and reading his lips to know his answer.

Oh thank God he's fine

Chan nodded and grabbed Jeongin's hand, leading him to the nurses office. He tried to stop the blush forming on his cheeks, only to realize it's not that embarrassing, since the cause of his blush can't even see him. That fact saddened him, but there was nothing he could do about it.

Well, he knew what he could do, but he didn't want to do that until Jeongin was comfortable around him.

2 years later

Jeongin and Chan had been dating for a year and a half, and Chan thought it was finally a good time to surprise Jeongin with something he'd been planning and preparing for months.

He lead Jeongin to the car, buckling him in before walking to the other side, doing the same before driving off.

Chan pulled up to the hospital, parking his car towards the front. He opened Jeongin's door and grabbed his boyfriends hand, leading him to the front door. Checking them in, Jeongin was pulled immediately into surgery, and Chan was ordered to sit outside in the waiting room.

He occupied himself by sending his thanks to the kind woman more than willing to give her eyes to the young boy, and then personally thanking the woman's family. They had taken the news shockingly well, as they had seen how much pain their mother was in, and were glad that she could finally be at peace.

Four hours later, Chan was finally informed that Jeongin had woken up, and that he was finally able to see him. Chan burst through the door to find Jeongin squinting excitedly around the room. Jeongin signed vigorously at him to come over, so Chan did, only to be pulled into a tight embrace. When Chan pulled away, Jeongin had tears in his eyes, then pointed to his ears, and mimed a hearing aid being set inside of it. Then he pointed to Chan.

Yours is next, Channie.