bruises and band aids

“Oh for Christ’s sake! Whoever the heck you are, stop hurting yourself!”

Chan rubbed his newfound bruise, a result of his clumsy soulmate, who apparently fell down stairs a lot. This bruise was his fifth today, and he was beginning to grow tired of the constant purple and red splotches appearing on his pale skin.

“Sucks for you, man.” Changbin laughed as he sipped at his drink, his arm resting around Felix.

“Oh shut it, Bin. At least you’ve found your soulmate and he’s not that clumsy.”

Right as those words were spoken, Felix dropped his cup of tea on his lap, and yelped in surprise and pain. Changbin hissed, his legs now burning along with Felix.

“I would like to retract my previous statement.” Chan chuckled.

/////////

Jeongin’s alarm went off, signaling it was time for him to wake up and get to school. He groaned, slamming his hand on the snooze button.

“Jeongin that’s the fourth time you’ve hit that poor thing today! Get out here and eat breakfast!”

Jeongin whined as he sat up, rubbing his eyes. He pushed his hair back out of his face and stood up, stretching his arms above his head.

Picking out an outfit, which consisted of a pale yellow turtleneck and light jeans, he stumbled out of his bedroom to the bathroom across the hallway and started the shower.

When Jeongin was finished, he ran out of the bathroom, heading down the stairs, which he tripped on and ended up falling down. His mother shook her head at him as he sat down at the kitchen table.

“Your poor soulmate is probably all bruised up because of you young man.”

Jeongin frowned and looked down at his legs, which were covered in bruises and band aids. He was somber all through his breakfast, and simply gave his mom a sad smile as he walked out the door.

/////////

Chan walked through the school doors with another band aid on his leg and a frown on his face. His backpack was messily slung across his shoulders. He winced as he felt his hands scrape.

My soulmate must have fell again.

Chan looked around only to find a younger boy sat on the pavement, rubbing his hands, which looked exactly like Chan’s.

“Hey! Kid!” Chan jogged over to him, dropping his backpack on the floor as he crouched in front of him. “Can you pinch your inner arm for me?”

The boy looked confused but complied, pinching his inner arm. Chan winced as it felt as though someone had pinched him. He grinned, sticking out his hand.

“Nice to meet you, my name is Chan. I’m your soulmate.”

The boy looked both flustered and apologetic as he responded, shaking Chan’s hand.

“Jeongin. Yang Jeongin.”

/////

hi! author with a question!

school finally ended so i'll have much more time to write, so i can finally write and publish all the ideas and drafts i have

so between these ships, which would you rather me post first?

jeongchan

seungjin

changlix

minsung

if any of you vote, thank you sincerely!

also happy pride month!

see you all soon uwu