Seventeen - The Inevitable

Avengers Facility, Upstate New York - Earth

2023

"NO!"

Her scream was drowned out by the deafening bang caused by the snap. 

"I will shred this universe down to its last atom..."

All at once everything was consumed by a burst of light. This time, they weren't even briefly transported to the Soul Realm, for that had been erased as well.

"And then... I'll create a new one, teeming with life that knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe."

When the light faded, they were back on the battlefield - or what had been the battlefield.  It had already started to rapidly fade away.

"What have you done?!" Adonia roared, despite already knowing the answer to her question. 

"M-Mother, Father?" Nebula vanished, and the place where she had just moments before been standing became empty.  

Envy was soon to follow, and the rubble around them. Everything was vanishing. 

"Steve, Thor?" said Tony, but all that was left of his teammates were their weapons, before those faded away as well. 

Thanos and Adonia exchanged one last glance before he faded away. 

"W-what happens now?" Stark asked.  She only stared back as he too, vanished, she soon following. 

And, only after everything else had disappeared, had vanished from very existence, did the six Infinity Stones blink out as well, one by one.

Thanos, as promised, had kept to his word and had done exactly as he said he would. 

"They'll never know. Because you won't be alive to tell them."

(Just when we thought things couldn't get any worse, the stakes are raised even higher!

I know I don't usually update the same story every day, I try to spread it out, but this last chapter was pretty short so I thought, why not? :)

And, that's it, that's the end - of Part 2! As I said before, there will be a Part 3, so stay tuned and expect to see that one published soon! :)

Thank you so, so much for your continued support of this story, and I hope to see you in Part 3!

One last time, thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this final chapter! Bye for now! :))