Six - Sunset

Titan II, The Garden - Space

2018

"Show me something." To Thanos's questioning look,  Adonia nodded to the Gauntlet still seared to his arm and still baring the Stones.  "You've been in possession of the Stones, show me what you can do," she urged. "Tempting, isn't it?"

Thanos sighed, continuing to harvest the crops he had planted and that Adonia had long given up on.  "That time has passed for me, My Love."

"Oh come on, it'll be fun! You know, I've never in all my time seen someone else wield them - because I have always been in possession of them!" She laughed.

He sighed, setting down his basket full of harvested vegetables.

She continued. "You know, part of me has always wanted to see someone else using them-"

He clenched his fist, the Stones glowing together. The dagger in her hand vanished - replaced by... Bubbles?

She turned to him, clearly unimpressed. "Really? You possess the Infinity Stones and that's what you do with them? Ugh, this is why I am the only one trusted with them-" She stopped suddenly and turned to look out at the horizon.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Something's coming."

--------------------------

The Avengers approached the hut, the only sign of life on this green planet. Carol had done a surveillance of the surrounding area and only picked up on Thanos, nothing else.

"There's no satellites, no armies, no ships, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him."

"Then that's enough," said Nebula.

  It would be helpful if they had him out numbered - this would give them the slightest bit more of a chance.

However, there was no immediate sign of the Mad Titan when they touched down upon the grassy plain that was the Garden.  All seemed quiet and empty.

"Could he have used the Stones to escape?" said Nora as they continued to scope the seemingly too-quiet area.

"Maybe, but he didn't know we were coming," said Cap.  "Spread out, search high and low.  Tear this place apart if you have to-"

He was cut off, and they were all caught off guard when suddenly, a great rumbling like an earthquake threw everyone off balance, followed by a bright flash that knocked them all back.

"Ambush!" yelled Cap, but it was already too late.

It took everyone a moment to realize what had happened, as at first it appeared that there was no source of the commotion.

A woman dressed in black armour, making her multi-coloured skin stand out strikingly, was standing before them.

She cocked her head, eyes not eyes, but glowing voids. "You interrupted our dinner."

"AH!" Thor wasted no time and dove in with a great swing of Stormbreaker.  She merely grabbed the axe, halting the blow. 

"You're out of your depth, Odinson." With that, she flung him far across the field.

"What the hell..." Nora looked shell-shocked and rightly so - everyone was shocked.

The alien looked like Nora.

And the other six look-alikes.

The alien woman took notice of this too and started charging towards Nora.