Ten - Whatever It Takes

Morag - Space

2014

Upon arrival on the distant and quiet planet of Morag, the group split up.  Rhodey, Karen, and Nebula would stay here for the Power Stone, while Clint, Nat, and Sascha would travel further on to Vormir for the Soul Stone.

"Let's take cover," Nebula said once they had seen the others off.  

"So we just wait for this Quill guy to show up then?" asked Rhodey.

"We must be careful," Nebula advised.  "We're not the only ones out here in 2014 searching for the Stones."

"Who else was looking?" asked Karen.

Nebula sighed.  "My father, my sister - and me."

-------------------------------

"So he's an idiot."

Rhodey, Nebula, and Karen crouched behind some rocks, watching the approach of Peter Quill, who was currently dancing his way towards his destination, music blasting from his cassette player. 

"Yes," said Nebula.  "I will never understand my sister's taste in men."

"'Cause you're fine, and you're mine, and you look so divine!'" Quill sang along, spinning in a circle, arms outstretched. 

"Can we put an end to this?" requested Rhodey. 

They took their places. Karen stepped out into Quill's path. 

"Oh, hey there." Quill stopped mid dance, keeping his music playing though. "Well, I did expect to find one treasure on this shit planet, but not two," he flirted.

Karen rolled her eyes.  "You're Peter Quill?"

"Yes ma'am. But there's one other name you might know me by-"

"Star-Lord."

"Oh, so you do know me. But I don't know you. That's hardly fair, don't you think?"

Karen nodded to the cassette player attached to his belt.  "What're you listening to?"

"Come and Get Your Love by Redbone. You know it?"

"I'm more of a Frank Sinatra fan myself."

"Sinatra? He's from like the '40s."

"So am I." Zap! Karen zapped him in the neck with her electric wrist guard, he crumbling to the ground.  Rhodey and Nebula stepped out of hiding. 

"He is an idiot," confirmed Rhodey. 

---------------------------------

Vormir - Space

2014

"Under different circumstances, this would be totally awesome." 

The plain before them was dark and vast, stretching as far as the eye could see out to meet the orange, pink, and purple sky. 

Nat, Clint, and Sascha climbed up the tallest rock formation until they came to an archway.  There, a dark, sinister figure glided forward into their path. 

"Welcome." The trio withdrew their respective weapons as the stranger spoke, addressing each of them.  "Clint, son of Edith.  Natasha, daughter of Ivan.  Sascha, daughter of Alexei."

"Who are you?"

"I am the guardian of this place."

"You know our names, thought you might tell us yours as well." The stranger ignored their comment and got right to business.