24

The court didn't go well, Mila. It's - it's um not finished, next month is trial.

It's me again. I am beginning you to call me, things are really difficult.

Camila, you've been ignoring my calls - I don't know why, but um my dad - h-e died, and I really need you, can you just call me? I - I am ----

The sound of his voice repeated in her head constantly, the pain filled with tears and his shaking voice send her some quite unfamiliar feeling down her body.

She stood in front of the house, not ready to face him yet, but she needed to. Something told her he's not doing well, even tho he's such a strong guy.

Everything through he went, from being just in early 20s, then his mother and in past sick father who he loved the most and gave him the company.

She knocked slowly then closed her eyes taking deep breath, she felt heaviness in her lungs.

Like what she's going to meet him?
Emotionless or in crying state? Will he hate her and probably not even look at her, throw her out, yell at her.

Doors opened and she opened her eyes, she met Hailee, she looked pale and sad, her belly much bigger now.

"Can I come in?" Camila slowly asked her and Hailee moved aside, Camila took slow steps inside.
"How is he?"

"Not good"

She looked around, everyone's eyes on her and she couldn't find him.
His aunt, Naill, Hailee, Zara and must be cousins she never met but they probably hate her - that's what she thought.

"Where is he?" She asked Zara softly, Zara's head turned to door little bit away from them "in room" Camila nodded, her hand swiping on her black jeans she wore, leaving sweat on it.

Creep of door she heard, her eyes softened on the sight of him standing there, he still didn't see her but she started to walk towards him. When his eyes fell in hers, she wanted to cry so bad.

As she stood in front of him she looked up and met red puffy hazel eyes she missed so much, the sight of him made her throw her hands around his neck and melt into him.

When she felt his hands wrap around her torso, she breathed out in relief. He put his head in crock of her neck and she felt wetness rolling down her neck. Camila ran hand thought his hair and squeezed him tighter, she heard him say.
"I failed"

He said again "I failed, I failed him"

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she said "shh, it isn't your fault"

She turned to side and saw the audience was looking, she didn't feel uncomfortable but they couldn't see them like this. Now probably everyone knew something is happening between them, not just Zara.
"Let's go in room" she whispered in his ear and he moved inside holding her hand.

As they sat on the bed, Camila wipped his cheeks saying "look at me" he did look at her and she saw the pain.
"I'm here and I'm sorry" she said as tears rolled down.
"Okey? Everything is gonna be fine"

She isn't sure if she's lying to herself or him too.
"Mila everything went down hill"

"I couldn't even make him proud, he died"

"Shawn you know that's a big ass lie" she chuckled pathetically.
"You made him proud, you know he was so proud of you, you're such a good child"

He shocked his head "I don't know anymore -" he sighed "I could have won for him"

"You did your best" she moved curl from his forehead "next time you will do it even better, you're gonna grow stronger and get it"

"We will right?" She nodded and kissed his forehead, leaving her lips little longer there, just to feel him.

"I missed you, how are you doing?" He asked her and her eyes become sadder "it doesn't matter how I am Shawn"

"I'm fine - and I missed you too" she hugged him, squeezed him tighter till they couldn't breath.

"Let's lay down, okey, let's rest, it's night time tomorrow is memorial, funeral, you have to rest"

"Will you stay"

"Yes I will stay, here"

She went undercovers first after she kicked her booths and laid down, he went besides her, his head on her level and he looked deeply in her eyes.

She took his cheek in her palm and closed the gasp between them with small but meaningful kiss, he tasted like salt and pain.
"Goodnight" she said and got in return "night" as he rested his head on her heart, his hands keeping her close just like hers kept him close.