Sceptics

You didn't want this. You didn't want this at all; you would rather have killed yourself than to put Tyler through this.

But you had no choice.

Sobbing hysterically, you finally hung up on him. He hadn't spoken a word after you had demanded for him to leave you alone. Hell, you screamed at him, and he had fallen silent. You knew you wouldn't be able to handle his reaction, and so you hung up. Curling up into a ball on your bed you cried for who knew how long.

This isn't fair to him... it isn't fair at all... but Dark will.... this isn't fucking fair!

Eventually you had cried yourself back to sleep, and while there were no more visits from the demon, you nonetheless slept fitfully. Waking up with a headache, you were too scared to look at your phone again. What if there were missed calls, or unseen texts? Heart pounding in your throat you got up to shower, lower lip trembling as you tried not to start crying again.

You hated this. You absolutely hated this. But Dark had given you no other option; he would kill you if you went on, or worse... he would try to harm Tyler.

You supposed that going to visit Mark was simply out of the question. Mark had been the one most looking forward to seeing you two get together; hadn't you promised to give Tyler an honest chance? And here you had screamed at him last night, demanding that he leave you be.

The water ran down your body in rivulets as you stood in the shower, immobile save for your expression working over. The tears just wouldn't stop; your heart ached.

It wasn't fair.

•●♡●•

The pounding at the door made you jump from your place on the couch, and you squeezed your hands into fists on instinct. Who the hell would be visiting so...

Oh. Oh, no.

Hesitating at the door, you slowly unlocked it and took a peek, only to come face to face with Mark's stern expression. "Are you gonna let me in? We need to talk," he spoke softly. No trace of his usual goofy smile.

He knew. He had to have. Wasn't he friends with Tyler? Surely he would have said something...

Swallowing the lump in your throat you stepped back, allowing the Korean male to walk inside. His eyes scanned everywhere in your apartment except on you. Soon enough he walked over and sat on the couch, watching you until you followed suit, albeit slowly. "Tell me why you did this," Mark began quietly. His tone was saddened, but he was better at hiding his feelings than you were at the moment.

Especially when you buried your face into your hands and began to cry again. "It's not my fault, you don't understand!" you wailed, sobbing too hard to elaborate any further.

Mark waited until your sobbing had tapered down a bit before speaking again. "Tyler called me at five this morning. He hasn't slept since you called him and screamed that he leave you alone. Now what happened?" He frowned, looking at you. "I thought you two seemed happy together."

Every word only made the pain in your chest worse. You fully regret letting Mark inside, but you knew the male was stubborn and wouldn't have left until he spoke to you. "I... I w-was happy..." you stuttered, wiping your eyes and refusing to meet his. "You don't understand, Mark..."

"Exactly. I don't understand why two of my best friends can't be together. Why are you breaking his heart?"

All you could do was start to cry again.