Name

You went home feeling more than just a little confused. You hadn't even spoken to Mark before you left; you simply gave him a half-assed smile before walking out the front door.

You avoided Tyler's gaze altogether. A little mean, perhaps, but how were you supposed to react to the kiss? You weren't sure how you felt about the guy, so you had to get away to think clearly.

And think you did, repeatedly. Over and over again. Did you react poorly? Did you react at all? Did he think it had been a mistake, letting his guard down in one moment? Tyler didn't seem the type to let his guard down often.

It's not that I don't like him or anything like that. He's a good guy, and he's a great friend to Mark. But...

But why? Why do I feel so... hesitant? It's not that I don't want to give him a chance... I think I do, and yet...

Why were you hesitating? You had Tyler's cell number, you had had it for some time. Did you contact him? Rarely.

Your eyelids began to droop, and you slowly came to the realization that you were falling asleep. But the idea of sleeping wasn't the greatest, and you fought against it as best you could.

Wait, what does it matter? I'm back home. I'm not at Mark's house. I'll be fine...

•●♡●•

"I know what you've done."

You froze in bed, gripping the sheets so tightly that your knuckles had gone white. Heart in your throat you slowly sat up.

This isn't possible.

Dark backhanded you promptly, his eyes glowing with a fury you could hardly dare to look at. The sound was loud but flat, your eyes stinging with tears. How had he gotten there?! Mark was nowhere around!

"How I am here is beyond your concern," he spoke softly. Dangerously soft. You could sense his anger bubbling just beneath his proper demeanor. "You have gone behind my back and enticed another man."

Fighting back a sob, you felt your own anger wash over you like a tidal wave. "You're so full of shit! I didn't entice anybody, you cocksucker! He kissed me on his own!"

"THAT IS ENOUGH." Dark's hands went to your throat, choking you slowly. "I will not tolerate this... this disgusting idea. Am I clear?" When you made no effort to respond, he squeezed tighter. Stars popped in your vision in front of his face. His expression was so seething. When you managed to choke out a response, he released you immediately, fixing his sleeves and watching you with vague annoyance as you coughed raggedly, trying to get the air that you had been denied.

"Why... why are you here...?" you rasped. You strained to keep your mind a blank, but you just couldn't stop yourself from wondering if he was in any danger.

"Who is it? Look at me when I'm speaking to you, darling." The words may have been endearing but Dark was anything but. "Tell me which sorry excuse for a man touched you with his lips."

You fell silent. There was no fucking way you were about to rat anyone out. Intentionally keeping your thoughts buried and vague, you narrowed your eyes.

Dark did not like that. You were catching on quickly, though the idea that he could read your mind was a surprisingly obvious one: didn't he exist there? Why should anything stay hidden in your beautiful mind, when it was exactly that that gave him access to you? "Who. Is it? If I do not receive my answer, I'll be forced to punish you."