Love

(Well this smut turned a little more intense than I intended. Feel free to skip reading if you arent interested.)

Silently you began to hyperventilate. Eyes wide you avoided Tyler's gaze, which wasn't all that difficult as he was driving you home. You checked your phone again, just to make sure you read the text correctly. Yes, yes you had.

Mark, what the fuck is the matter with you...?

You couldn't dwell on that now. Definitely not now, not when you were supposed to still be on a date with someone you truly liked.

Not that you didn't like Mark, but it wasn't in the same way as how you liked Tyler. Not by a long shot.

He drove carefully in mostly silence, glancing at you once or twice and even reaching for your hand. You gripped it tightly, but not too much so; you didn't need him to be suspicious. The last thing you needed was for Tyler to be suspicious.

Parking in your driveway he hurried out of his car, opening the passenger door for you with his usual crooked grin. Trying to smile you allowed him to help you out and walk you to the door. "I'm sorry this didn't turn out quite the way you expected," the male commented gently, pulling you into a hug. "I'm hoping you'll give me another chance to do better."

He hadn't done anything wrong! You hugged him right back, squeezing. "Of course," you replied. He squeezed you as well, albeit not as tightly as you were doing. You didn't want to let go. Your mind was still stuck on Mark's strange text, and you pulled away to unlock your front door. Tyler began to walk back to his car but you turned and cleared your throat. "Aren't you coming in?"

He stopped dead in his tracks, turning back towards you with a blush across his face. It wasn't like this was a new thing to either of you, but his heart still raced around you.

Following you inside, Tyler hung up his jacket and stood by the doorway, looking like he was feeling altogether awkward as all hell.

You couldn't understand why. Hadn't you showered with him, for fuck's sake? Why was he nervous?

You had no idea how you made him feel.

"Tyler," you began, but gave up. You weren't sure what to say. You couldn't tell him the truth about what had happened in the car, no fucking way...

"Something on your mind?" he questioned you, walking closer.

With a sigh you shook your head, then nodded. "I... I don't know. I don't know if I should even tell you."

The taller male shrugged. "I won't judge."

That wasn't what concerned you. Swallowing hard, you pulled out your phone and showed him the text you had gotten from Mark earlier. Tyler's face went stony, staring at the simple text with a hardened expression. "See? I shouldn't have shown you," you muttered, taking your phone back.

"How did you reply?" he asked with a deadpan tone to his voice.

"I didn't. I was too scared."

"Scared of what? Do you have any idea how many girls would kill to get a text from Mark saying he loves them?" Tyler's voice had an accusatory edge that made you worry. Was he angry at you or at his best friend?

"Tyler, I'm scared of exactly how you're acting! I... I shouldn't have shown you," you repeated, wincing.

Instead of replying, your shoulders were taken into his hands, pulling you in for a kiss that made your heart skip a few beats. He panted slightly through his nose as he kissed you, wanting to pull you closer still. Finally he broke it off, looking away with a darkened expression. "I don't give a fuck if he tells you he loves you. I won't... I won't go down without a fight."