Chapter 6

Days had passed after that talk with Edith and, although she hasn't tried anything with me since then and was actually... accommodating, but, even so, she still hasn't let anyone to interact with me. She doesn't even let me get out of the room anymore.

So, for days, I was stuck in my room, mostly to myself. Edith gave me tons of color books few days ago, awkwardly might I add, and I couldn't stop myself from laughing as I remember that exchange with her.

I was lying on my bed, very bored to hell when my door suddenly got pushed open. Since I know that none of the other humans or vampires would dare to disobey Edith's order, I know it would only have to be Edith that entered. So I remained rooted to my bed until I felt her sit on the edge of my bed.

I sat up and leaned on the headrest of the bed to see that she's holding something behind her with one hand, while rubbing her neck, uncertainty in her eyes.

"What are you holding there?" I asked, very much amused at the sight of her not being confident, or arrogant, like she usually is.

"Well, I saw this during my time outside and figured that you're probably bored out of your mind here, so decided to get these for you. Though, I'm not sure which one you would like, so I got, like, five of it" she then removed her hand from behind and revealed five coloring books, two of which are huge, with a large set of coloring pencils.

My eyes twinkled at the sight of new entertainment for me, but it still looks like Edith is having some conflict within herself  as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Why are you acting like that" I asked her as I started looking through the pages of the first coloring book.

She opened her mouth several times, but every time, no word left her mouth. She then just abruptly stood up. "Enjoy" she just said and hurriedly left the room.

I still don't understand why she acted like that that time, but it was really amusing.

I'm almost finished coloring the first coloring book that I chose, and this is actually quite entertaining. I used to love coloring things, but stopped when my father wanted me to focus learning other skills.

But, I soon grew weary and decided to just sleep early for today. I prepared myself for bed and changed into my night clothes after taking a quick shower.

I do miss the outside world, even if it's just outside my room. I most especially miss my father, I still worry about him so much, I miss Miranda, too. It's been too long since I've last talked to them. 

...

For some reason, I got pulled out of my dream state that night. I opened my eyes a little to check the clock on my nightstand and found out it was a little past 1 in the morning. 

I was lying on my side and tried to move to lie on my back when I realized that... someone is hugging me from behind.

The sleep that I was feeling was immediately torn from me and my heart started to beat faster nervously, but then I recognized the smell coming from the person behind me.

Edith.

Why is Edith in bed with me?

Then, I felt her arm tighten around me and was followed by guttural sounds from her. I twisted my body inside her embrace and faced her. Beads of sweat were forming in her creased forehead and I was tempted to wipe those away, but didn't in fear that I might wake her up.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't want me to know that she sneaked in my body and was hugging me in my sleep.

I didn't even know that they need sleep.