CHAPTER 15

Cold air brushed my skin, the part that was not covered by the duvet, and my body instinctively shuffled closer to Edith's part of the body in search for her body only to be met with nothingness. Upon not feeling Edith's body next to mine, my eyes opened, and was disappointed when Edith was nowhere to be found.

I propped myself up on my shoulders and looked around the room.

The clothes that we had blindly thrown around the room were nowhere to be found, which meant that Edith must've woken up early again. It has been days since I went back with her to the palace and each night would always end with Edith and I making love and reaching the highest of highs.

Sometimes, I would wake up to her watching me sleep with a smile of content on her face. It would be a small smile, but a smile nonetheless. Sometimes, times like this, I would wake up alone. She would usually hurry back to the room after doing whatever it is she needs to be doing to greet me a good morning. I would've waited for her, but, my growling stomach is making me do otherwise.

Once I have clothed myself, I left the room and headed towards the kitchen.

During my first day back here, I have noticed that the atmosphere is different, a good different. The vampires that I would see around don't look as intimidating as they once were while the humans don't looks scared anymore. Both groups look at ease as they move around the palace.

I have also heard from one of the maids that the people in the cellar were released, but they were first made to promise that they wouldn't do anything rash or it would result to something more than just being locked in prison. Some were still wary, but the others are helping them adapt and accept Edith's clan.

Everyone greeted me whenever I would pass by them, both humans and vampires alike. I even passed by Maria, the woman I had seen long ago, and she looks healthier now. Her body is free from any bruises and there was a smile on her face when she greeted me. She's been the one I had been talking to and she's the one I would spend the day with whenever Edith has to do some business.

I still haven't been able to ask what businesses she attends to.

"Good morning, Princess" Maria had greeted as she fell in stride with me.

"Good morning, Maria" I replied with the same enthusiasm as hers. I had repeatedly told her that she could call me by my first name because I am no longer the princess. But, she argued by saying that I am still the Princess because I am in a relationship with Edith, who is the new leader, or Queen. She even went as far as saying that, technically, I am now a Queen, too. I blushed profusely when she said that so I wasn't able to argue back anymore, or tell her about the fact that, technically, Edith and I aren't in a relationship. Or did it become an unspoken agreement when we both admitted to one another that we're catching feelings or when we started making love every night? Nevertheless, Maria never stopped calling me Princess after losing to her.

"Have you had breakfast already?" she nodded her head, much to my dismay. Humans and vampires would eat together now. There's really no set time for when they would have a meal, but I was told that sharing meals started when Edith had called them all for one. Ever since then, it became their habit to eat together. Though there would be times that their schedules would not allow them to eat together. It's inevitable.

Kind of like now.

When I had reached the dining room, there wasn't anyone seated at the table, which meant that all of them had finished with their breakfast. Maria had excused herself a while ago to attend to the errand she has been assigned to, so I'm left on my own.

A vampire came when she saw me enter and had prepared the table for me.

Yes, humans aren't the only ones doing these chores anymore. Some vampires prefer this, too.