Chapter 4

I was left shaken by what Edith had told me. Each morning, I would wake up and ask myself 'Is this the day she would use me to hurt my father?' but, it never was. I don't know what she's planning to do, and maybe I don't want to know, but having her treat me as if she just didn't practically say she's going to make my life a living hell is what makes every day hard.

She would pass by me and give me a smile, sometimes it's sweet, other times it's taunting.

I don't even have a clue how she interacts with other human beings. 

Does she hurt them?

Feed on them until they're drained?

Use them for pleasures?

Kill them?

We barely even have an idea as to what's happening outside this palace, but we do know that Edith is the one now ruling the country.

What about other countries?

I have so many questions bothering me and constantly popping out from the corners of my mind, but no one can give me the answer I want.

I mean, I can ask one of the vampires or Edith, but I'm sure it would inevitably lead to my early death.

But, Edith has been really nice, lately, and, although it's beyond bothersome, maybe I should cherish it before the monster in her comes out again.

I'm walking down the hall, I was just wandering since I got bored in my room when I passed by a woman. My eyes met her and we exchanged timid smiles when I saw the bruises on her arms.

I gasped.

I wasn't able to stop myself from grabbing her hand and pulling her aside. 

"What happened to you? Are you okay?" I asked a little bit in a bombarded manner and I could tell I had taken her by surprise, though, she looks a little bit scared.

"I-It's nothing. I'm f-fine" she uttered out weakly as I examined her body further and saw a bite mark on her neck.

"They did this, haven't they?" My voice is now firm as well as my grip on her hands.

The fear in her eyes intensified and she started trying to pull her hands from me, but she was weak, I can tell by the way she's moving. I mean, I'm 17 years old with barely any physical activities in my life, yet, she can't outpower me.

"Please, just answer me" I begged her and, just like that, she broke. Tears started to fall from her eyes in a quick, steady manner and her body fell limp against me to the point that I had to hold her up. 

"What did they do to you?" 

She couldn't stop crying and, when she tried to speak, all I heard were hiccups and sniffles, so I ushered her to my room where I let her cry until she was able to speak.

What she had told me had shocked me to the bones.

Other than using them for feeding, she told me that these vampires would suddenly just hit them and, with their strength differences, just imagine the pain they would feel in every hit they would take, but, what's worse is the fact that they are also being violated sexually by different individuals. She said that they are doing this to every human in the palace.  

Is Miranda also experiencing this kind of treatment?

I suddenly became worried for her that I wanted to run out of the room and search for her and lock her in the room with me, along with every person here, but I know that it might only make things harder for them and me.