Chapter 27

"Who is Edith Cordelia?" I started "Most of you had only known her as the woman who took over the country, you either admired her or hated her for it. She brought change not only to our worlds, but into your either. But Edith Cordelia is more than just the woman who took over the country. She was a woman who had seen the ill-ways of the people of the worlds, especially those with power. She was a woman who has seen too much and has been through so much. She was also a woman who wanted to rid those ill-ways and make the world a better place the best she can

But she has not always been that woman. Like us, she had also been swallowed by hatred and anger. She had also been thirsty for revenge. But, with the help of her friends and family, Edith has been able to move past that. She was also able to help her people move past it, too, and was able to start a better way for them, which was also the start of a better way for us." I felt my throat starting to get clogged up, but I did my best to swallow it back down and continued my speech.

"She was not a perfect woman, she had done many wrong things to some of us, and some things are even unimaginable. What made her different was, she's aware of those things and she did her best not to make the same mistakes, even if she had to fight herself for it" I could still remember the darkness in Edith's red glowing eyes, but it no longer brought to me fear. "I was like most of you. I didn't like her at first, hated her even, because of everything that she did. Later on, I started to like her, loved her even, and it's also because of everything that she did. What changed? I had heard her story, saw every emotion in her eyes as she told it to me" I remember her golden hues better, and it still brings me comfort. "She was the one that opened my eyes; she was the one that made me see the reality of things. She also made me feel things I never thought I'd feel. Not to mention made me experience things I never thought could happen to me, both good and the bad. I had loved her for everything that she was, and I will forever love her for it."

"Some of you may have seen Edith as a leader, some may have seen her as a savior" Elias had pointed to me the people Edith had saved before my speech started and I looked at each of them when I had said those lines. Some nodded at me in acknowledgement, while some are caught up too much in crying to notice my eyes lingering at them. "There were a lot of people that considered her as a friend and family. Unfortunately, most of them are in the same place as Edith. At least we know that they will not be lonely wherever they may be. They are still together. They are still a family"

"Edith had been here longer than most of us, but we still weren't given enough time to fully know who Edith Cordelia is. We weren't given enough time to know everything about her. We weren't given enough time to give back everything that she has given us, to make her feel what she had made us feel. We weren't given enough time to experience different things with her or to make her see how she will blossom further as a woman. But we will remember her when we look at the new palace" Elias, with the help of others, made renovations in the palace. He said it was not to remove the bad memories of everything that transpired there and in the city, but to help everyone focus on the good things rather than the bad. I am grateful to him for it. "We will also remember her as we walk down the street, as we look at other people, both strangers and familiars alike, we will remember her when we get a glimpse of the sky. We will remember her" My voice was firm despite the wavering of it. "We will still be able to make new experiences and memories with her. She will still be with us all in different ways."

"Edith had never wanted to rule over a country, but she knew it will be necessary if she wanted to change it the best she can. Now that she's gone, I'm hoping that each of us can cooperate to continue what she had started. You may do it not for her or not to honor her legacy, but you can at least do it for the people that you love. That was the reason why Edith did it. Edith had also experienced unimaginable things, things that you will never know, but it was those things that drove her to everything that she has done. She wanted to make our place a better place for those she had loved and cared for, for us to never experience what she did. If you don't think that she's not a good enough example, then maybe you could be" I paused for a moment.