Stranger

-Tom's PoV- 

Three weeks... it has been three weeks since I left the infirmary with an "a-okay" from Patryck and the Nurse.

I hate how it hurts to fall in love with a psycho that cares but yet love to hurt me all the time... I sat next to Tord during the meeting and shuffled the papers to get them into a nice clean stack. Red Leader looked at me and rubbed my back with such a gentle touch. "Are you alright Thomas?" He whispered into my ear, eagerly. I nodded and shrugged him away. "I'm fine, just call this meeting off soon so I can take my medicine..." I sighed and rested my chin on the palm of my hand. I felt like a kid in school, bored. "Of course my love." Tord said with a slight muse.

My body was weak, and after the meeting, Tord helped me up and got my crutches. I can only think of one question that ran in my mind, "Why can't I go outside anymore?" 

Now, you're probably wondering about where Edd and Matt are, right? Well...

They were shot on sight.

Okay! Jeez! Don't get worked up about it! I lied! The two goofballs have left safely and are in hiding. I secretly call and text them whenever I get to bed. It was difficult because I saw Tord with my phone one day and I merely had a god damn panic attack! He went up to me with darkness draped over his eyes. "Thomas, who is this... "Eddius the Third" and "M@" guy?" I stood there like an idiot. I looked around for an excuse but he sighed and got up. "Thomas, I don't want you to leave. And, you can't go outside anymore, these guys seem like threats."

"Y-Yes sir...."

"Such a good boy, Thomas."

Red Leader pet my head and gave me a quick peck on the forehead. What an idiot. I'm so scared right now. I didn't know if Tord found out who I was talking to and pretended to play dumb but I'm shaking to the bone. 

Back to the present, I went down the hall and rested against my crutches as I took the elevator to Red Leader's office. But Tord was being nice... maybe a bit too nice. It almost makes me feel like Tord was a stranger to me. Nice? I mean, it doesn't make me feel like Tord is going to hurt me in any way but that attitude might come back when I'm able to move around without these damn twigs that support my weight. I glanced over to Tord and sighed as he gave me that weird, dopey smile. 

Strange indeed.