Things that Almost Happened

Hey, readers! I thought I would share with you some alternate ideas I had during the making of this story!

-I knew pretty early on in the story that Alex was going to die at the end of the story. Probably as far back as the first ten chapters. However, before that, I did consider the adoption option, but Scott and and Andrea would have been the ones to adopt her and not Taylor.

-I considered having Alex get shot while protecting Taylor and that would be how she dies, but I like leaving things to the imagination. I like the feeling of cliff hangers in the sense that you don't know what happens after she dies. I can tell you that Director James didn't care about her not returning. As for Taylor, she'll never know what happened to Alex.

-This isn't an alternate idea, but a fact. When Taylor and Calvin Harris broke up I was at a little bit of a stand still with the story. I couldn't just write him out because the timeline I follow is very detailed to the real events that Taylor had happen in her life. No matter how much I was bitter towards Calvin Harris for the way he treated Taylor I couldn't just get rid of him or make him evil in the story. Everything they did, minus the things like baking and shopping, were following Taylor's life. The tour was accurate, the award show was accurate, the Fourth of July party was accurate and I paid special attention to who all she had at the party that year. Taylor deleting her Instagram posts was a little difficult when it came to the timeline, but I managed.

- Let's talk about Mr. Shawn Mendes for a minute. First of all, I like Shawn Mendes and I don't peg him as a cheater, but it worked here. I had originally considered having Shawn and Alex have sex together for the first time on their last date. However, I wanted to keep the story more appropriate and to write a scene like that would need detail to describe the way Alex felt about it. She had only had sex for business before and it was never something she wanted, so with Shawn it would have been a really intimate and special moment between the two of them. The Hailey Baldwin storyline worked out because that was happening at that time. Plus, their relationship wasn't the most intimate and realistically teenage relationships just aren't that way.

- Remember Eric James? The director's son? Well, I almost had him make a reappearance in the story. I had thought about making Eric the man on the bridge who kills Alex. He would have been doing it to get rid of Alex for his father after she became too knowledgeable about how unjust their organization was. Eric wouldn't have wanted to do it, because there is good inside of him, but his father had him toughened up and that would be a way to prove himself.

- The last alternative plot, and please don't attack me on this, but I had almost changed my mind about her dying and planned a sequel to take place on Taylor's break when she was (still is) dating Joe. I was going to have Alex survive the fall and Taylor would have been notified. She would have basically bought Alex from the organization, since all the organization was basically using Taylor for was money when Alex was with her. Alex would have had to deal with a really long recovery, but Taylor, Joe, the Swifts, and their friends would have helped her though her tremendous injures until she was healed. However, I just couldn't see it happening and it didn't feel right. It was going to be called "Saving Alex"

If you guys have any questions about things that happened in the story, please asked in the comments below.

Thanks ❤️