Chapter 10

Hey guys!! Thanks for all the views, please comment on how you like it, any suggestions, or anything else you'd like to add!! Thanks again for all the views. I hope you enjoy this Chapter!!

P.S. I will try to write a chapter every day!!

Fitz arrived at her door. Now was the time of the Winnowing Gala when all the interested boys came back and tried to convince her that He was the one. She guessed Fitz was first. He knocked on the big wooden door of Havenfield. "Hi," Sophie said when she opened the door. She waved. "Hi," he said back. "You and me... are we still...?" He asked, and Sophie took his hand. "Of course." She said. "It's still you and me, but I expect Keefe, Dex, and Valin in a few days." She said dreadfully. She shuddered. Fitz nodded in relief. "Okay. Good." I guess I don't need to convince you then... I will just.. I don't know... let's go for a walk." Sophie smiled. "Okay." She replied.

The walk was nice. Slow, but they walked by the river at Everglen. Once she went home, she decided to tell no one about their walk, not even Keefe who was waiting for her at Havenfield. "Hi." He said, and now Sophie was grateful she had decided to come home without Fitz, so Keefe wouldn't know. She decided she wasn't going to tell Keefe that he was the second person who had come. "Hey, Keefe." She said, and Keefe beamed. "Where were you?" He asked. Sophie thought quickly. "uh... I was visiting Silveny." She said. Keefe smiled. "Let's go for a walk." He said. Sophie sighed. Right. She wasn't supposed to tell Keefe she went out with Fitz. "Okay." She said, forced a smile, and walked on with him.

They walked on to Calla's Panaked tree, only pausing once to look at a red and orange flame bird in the sky. Once they got there, Keefe sat down on the ground next to the ground and motioned her to copy. "I loved the Winnowing Gala." He said. "Della's right, you do look good in red." He smiled as Sophie sat down. "I'm glad Biana came too because your hair was a mess." He said, and Sophie blushed. She just wished she could forget about that. His face got more serious than ever, and he looked her in the eyes. "Listen, Sophie." He stood up and so did she. "I want nothing more than to be with you for the rest of my life." He said. "But I have a feeling my family ticks you off." He added when Sophie gave him her most sympathetic smile. "So..." He trailed off but then gained his confidence back with a deep, deep breath. "So I ditched them." He said. "I betrayed my family, and now I am living in my own house. I had the gnomes build it, and it even has a name. It's called Havenshade. Putting together both of the names of our houses." He explained. "I made it for you." He took her hand. "For us." He said. Then he smiled. "Elves don't do this in our world. But I know you will know what this means when I do it, and I want it to be the best for you." He smiled again. Sophie was nervous. What was he going to do? Kiss her? Surely Elves did that. She had seen Alden and Della do it when Sophie had healed Alden. But no. He leaned down.

Oh, gosh no. No no no no no not this!

He reached into his pocket. And pulled out a small case. Nonononononono all her thoughts formed into one, creating a never-ending repeat. Nonononononononono. He opened the case, revealing a small almost glowing ring, inside. "Sophie Elizabeth Foster." He said. Sophie was speechless, a statue, never moving. This wasn't happening!! "Will you marry me?" He asked, and Sophie felt like she was going to faint. She knew the words were coming, but the real ones felt even bigger. "Umm..." Was the only thing she could think of saying. Keefe stood up, shaking on his legs. "You don't have to decide now." He said. He slid the ring on her finger. "But you can keep this until you decide." She smiled, as her words came back. "I...." Darn. She lost them again. "You take time to decide." He said, then in a flash, he pulled out his pathfinder, and got swept into the light. "That just happened." She whispered to herself. And she headed back to Havenfield.