14 | thanos

14 | THANOS

And with that, they were off to space in Rocket's space ship

And with that, they were off to space in Rocket's space ship. Amelia never thought she'd ever go to space, let alone have a raccoon pilot the ship taking her to space. It was all too strange to be real, but after all of the aliens, death, and magical stones, she didn't question the strangeness of much. "Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket called out.

Steve, Amelia, Valdís, Rhodey and Natasha all rose their hands timidly. They were all suited up as if they were very experienced in such a thing, but they had no clue what they were doing outside of Earth. "You better not throw up on my ship." Rocket sighed seeing the large amount of newbies.

"Approaching jump in three, two... one!" Nebula shouted before pressing a button on the dashboard, sending the ship to reach speeds Amelia had never seen before. The front window flaunted the bright purple and blue colors space offered as they sped through it so quickly the naked eye almost couldn't quite catch it. It felt mostly like a rollercoaster as Amelia's head was pressed back into her seat from the force pulling her body forward.

When they arrived right outside of the atmosphere of the serene planet Thanos was staying at, Captain Marvel exited the shit and used her powers to fly down to check out the planet to see if it was safe. "I'll head down for recon." She spoke before flying down to the planet.

Steve reached over to hold Amelia's hand and she reciprocated his action by reaching over to allow him to hold her hand. His thumb rubbed the back of her hand, in an almost reassuring way. She grinned at him and he reached into his pocket with his free hand to pull out an old compass. She realized it was the exact same compass he had used back in the SSR when they first met. He opened up the compass just like before and there was the same picture of her sitting there. The picture was so ancient that it was yellowed and ripping. She hated how she looked in it now that she was more modernized, but it still warmed her heart to know that Steve still kept it on him.

"This is gonna work." Amelia told Steve.

"I know it will. Because you're here." Steve replied to her.

Suddenly, Carol returned from her investigation. "No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind, it's just him." Carol stated, suspicious that it all seemed too easy.

"And that's enough." Nebula spoke, eager to kill her own father.

* * *

Once the group touched the ground of the lonely planet, they all made their way to the only house on the planet. Carol flew in, her powers blazing. She shot her photon blasts at Thanos relentlessly, not willing to back down from him. She quickly did a few flips and managed to get Thanos a choke hold long enough for everyone to come around him and pin him down. Thor hurried in and chopped off Thanos' arm with his axe so that he couldn't use his gauntlet against them.

Rocker walked over to the gauntlet to try to retrieve the stones. But they weren't there. "Oh no." Rocket whispered.

"Where are they?" Steve kept his face stoic, trying not to allow his anger to take over him.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose beyond temptation." Thanos hissed as he gasped for air from the crushing grip of Carol Danvers.

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce lashed out and shoved Thanos out of the choke hold.

"You should be grateful!" Thanos growled as he continued to lay on the floor, knowing that his war was finally over. Amelia took a closer look at him and noticed half of his face was burned off, his skin nearly melted down to his bone. It was a truly repulsive image.

"Where are the stones?" Natasha pressed for answers.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms. Like what you did to your father." Thanos turned to address Amelia, chuckling. Amelia remained silent, simply eying down the man.

"You used them two days ago!" Bruce shouted.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am... inevitable." Thanos croaked out.

"We have to tear this place apart. He has to be lying." Rhodey was in disbelief.

"My father is many things. But he is not a liar." Nebula informed everyone, only making Amelia feel hopeless. Her heart dropped to her stomach.

"Thank you, daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harsh—" Thanos began, but was very rudely interrupted by Thor impulsively swinging his axe across his head, decapitating him.

"What did you do?" Rocket groaned.

"I went for the head." Thor muttered before silently walking out of the shack Thanos once called a home.

* * *

Once they arrived back at Earth, Amelia went to go speak with Thor in New Asgard. He had a somber look constantly crossing his face ever since Thanos first came face to face with Thor. "You know, we used to be very close friends, Thor." Amelia mentioned to him.

Thor didn't even turn to look at her. "You told me I was this powerful being, and you were right. You were right about a lot of things Thor. You and I have both won a lot of wars. And this one time is what's going to break you?" Amelia inquired.

"Half of the world is gone, my brother is gone, Amelia! It's not simply another petty war." Thor shouted at her, bursting out his emotions.

"And I died! I lost my children, too! But, you know what? Somehow, I came back. This is only temporary, Thor. I'll come up with a plan to bring back everyone lost to the dust. It may not be today, or tomorrow or even next week. But it'll happen. You can't lose hope." Amelia shouted back at him.

"You've changed." Thor slumped back into his couch.

"Yeah, death will do that to you." Amelia snarked.