Chapter 14

It's finally up. Things are getting really heated. Thanks if you've been reading. Sorry for the long time of no update, but I've been extremely busy. Like before PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE!!! If anyone could tell me how to get this story out there more I'd appreciate it. But anyway ENJOY!!!!

Metamorphosis: Lup Oras

Chapter 14

Victor looked at the video over and over and over again. He looked for things that would give him a clue as to where Adomis was staying, but nothing. The camera was too close to Adomis' profile and the vision blurred when it was directed at Evelyn. Abel had even taken an approach to find a way to focus the blur, but couldn't make it happen.

"Anything yet?" Alexa, his wife, asked coming into the library.

"No," Victor said disappointed. He sat back in his chair and looked at his wife as she walked around the desk. She put her arms around his chest.

"Victor, it's pretty late. You should come and rest."

"I can't. I have to get at least something out of this video," he replied. "Anything at all."

Victor played the video one more time and Alexa watched with him. Neither of them saw anything useful.

"I think you may be right. I need rest. I've seen this too many times."

She chuckled.

"Something's worrying you, my love," Victor stated.

"Yes, actually."

"What is it?"

"Elias and Esmeralda, they've been getting a little too friendly with each other and it worries me."

"What do you mean by too friendly?" he asked.

"Well, I talked to the guards and they told me that when they went to the beach, they saw Elias and her kiss. Have you talked to him about getting too close to that girl?"

"I have, but you know Elias. He's stubborn as can be. He does not see that he's going to hurt Esmeralda. He has no choice in this. He imprinted on Silvia and he MUST get married to her. If he does not, legal matters have to fall into place."

"I know, which is why I'm worried, but isn't there anything in our law that can protect him? I mean he did imprint on her in preschool and after all it was an accident."

"Alexa, you know better than anyone else that the Sacred Ritual cannot be messed with. It's a powerful bond that will kill them if it's not followed, and for Elias it's much too important for him to live."

"I know. What are we going to do then?" Alexa asked feeling defeated.

"We must wait until he realizes this."

"What about Esmeralda?"

"We must keep a close eye on her after she finds out, but you and I can't tell her. It has to come from Elias. I would have loved if he had accidentally imprinted on Ezzy and not Silvia."

"Why do you say that?"

"Silvia has no business with Elias. She hasn't even come to visit him. She knows he cannot visit her because he's always training or taking care of the city in some way. She might just be doing it for her father. After all, all he really wants is a spot on the Elders' Council, but he's as stupid as this desk. He actually submitted an appeal to get rid of all Vampires in the city. Of course, no one agreed. Vampires have been very very helpful to our city and no one would ever betray them like that, except him."

"Well, his virtues will be the end of him."

"I hope you're right,"

Amanda came into the room to announce that dinner was ready. Everyone in the house got the announcement and went downstairs for dinner.