✉️Chapter 3✉️

Tyler POV

After my video chat with Troye, I felt a feeling of déjà vu.

See, the thing is, I swear Troye quoted him from the letters, at one point during chatting with him. It was so weird, and I didn't even remember that quote until it came out of his mouth, but I recognized it from somewhere.

That's when I thought of the letters.

Sure, any normal person would've easily figured Troye could've been the face behind the voice behind he words, but after meeting Troye at Playlist, that simp,y couldn't be the case. I trust him too much, and he seemed like he truly and genuinely didn't have anything to hide from me. We talked about pretty much everything. Although, I did notice he shied away from his love life, but I've seen in a couple of his AskTroye videos that he's single, so I figured that he was just embarrassed of not dating anyone when he was almost eighteen. Or maybe he is eighteen since I last checked, I'm not even sure.

Anyways, back to the conversation with Troye. Other than getting that déjà vu feeling with Troye, another thing that weirded me out was how accepting he was about how much I believed in the letters. I mean, I guess he realized that there are some things you just can't make up, or fake, even when written on paper with no physical emotion forced behind them when relayed to you.

But I was grateful for his support. I've never told anyone about the letters, or anything even about a fan who's been sending regular messages to me that weren't just fan praise.

I thought about what Troye said, about how because we can't know his exact emotions from the writing, I can't even be sure that the emotions I'm interpreting are true. He might be completely sarcastic about the crush, for all I know.

But I don't think so. And there's one thing I want to do most right now, above everything else: I want to correspond with him.

I don't even have to know his name yet, for all I care. I just want to say something to him. I think he owes that much to me, after practically dumping on me all of his troubles and depressingness. I mean, I'm not bitter about it, but I feel like it's my duty to return the favor. And it's his duty to allow me to return the favor.

I decide to look through my letters and envelopes to see if I could find any clues. I go through them in order from first to last, and I'm about to give up when on the 56th one, I come across something strange: the letter i. I write that down, thinking that can't be random; he is too deliberate for that.

I look at the bottom of the next letter: a. The next: m. The next: t. The next: s. The next: m. The next: a simple . drawn bold on the bottom of the paper. The next: c. The next: o. The next: m.

After that, there's no more. But I've got an idea of what it means; iamtsm.com. It's a website. I look it up online, and it's a totally under the radar thing that's the only result for that search. No one has even looked at it before. I click the first link.

'Hello, Tyler. I see you've found my secret little website. You must've looked really hard for some clues on how to talk to me, since I've updated this about ten letters after the last of the message. It's alright, though. I didn't actually expect you to figure out my own .com from the letters. Anyways, I got this idea from a book I've read called Legend by Marie Lu, where the main female protagonist, June, is trying to unravel the mystery behind her brother's murder, and she looks through his journals, until she notices he misspelled several words. She found all of the wrong letters in all of the wrong words, and rearranged them to say www.followmejunebug.com or so sing along those lines. Junebug was her nickname from him. Anyways, it's led to a secret website, and he revealed the real reason her parents ( and now himself ) were murdered.