✉️Chapter 22✉️

Three Weeks Later

Troye POV

I guess I should probably update you on what's happened since I sent that letter.

After Tyler tried every way imaginable to contact me, most likely because he caught on to the major hint I dropped during my video, I sent him the last TSM letter, then deleted that address. I told him everything, and for the first time, signed my name.

The funny thing is, I didn't shed a single tear. I didn't get choked up. I didn't even feel particularly sad. It was like going to the dentist, really; you knew it was coming, and the deadline has been bearing down on you for a while, and now that it's here, it's everything you expected it to be.

I just felt kind of empty.

After I sent the later, I didn't talk to Tyler at all. I still haven't, in fact, though he calls me once a day. He used to be more persistent, but obviously, there's not much of a point, is there.

I haven't uploaded any videos since the last one, either. But I'm still active on Twitter and Tumblr. Obviously.

About a week after coming back to Perth, I decided I needed to leave for a while. It just didn't feel like home, you know?

So, I bought a plane ticket with no warning whatsoever, and kind of just went to a few places that I've been wanting to visit.

I went to Paris, France, but didn't stay too long. The city of love kept mocking me, since I came alone.

Then I went to Scotland after that. Not for any particular reason, it just sounded right.

Then I went to New York. It's honestly pretty busy for me, but I still enjoyed it. Wish I spent more time in Central Park, though.

I went to Wyoming, and visited Yellowstone National Park for a bit. I've heard it was beautiful, though the hiking was awful.

I even went to Las Vegas for a night. I stayed in the Treasure Island hotel, even though the giant ship wasn't working at the moment, so there was no show to watch. I was too young to gamble or drink, obviously, so I just walked the streets, wondering how it felt to be insanely free like all of the drunken crazy people around me.

Finally, I went to LA. I guess I was drawn there. I haven't told anyone where I was, but every day I would just post a random picture on Twitter of some of my surroundings. Some people guessed where I was right away, but a lot of the time, they had no idea.

For LA, I posted a picture of the Starbucks I was sitting in right now. I didn't want Tyler to find me, though it was nice to be in the same place as him. It was a small comfort.

Honestly, I don't think I could look Tyler in the eye for the life of me. I haven't watched a single video of his, even, for this reason. It was too much to deal with, and then actually confronting him face to face could very possibly shatter me, unravel me, fracture me, destroy me, ignite me. (( REFERENCE ))

So, as of right now, I'm sitting in Starbucks, sipping one if my favorites (( look, I know absolutely nothing of Starbucks, or coffee, even, so don't expect some macchiato frappuchino latte shit being described for you )) just enjoying the atmosphere, listening to Summertime Sadness in my earphones. I was humming along to the song, when I saw a familiar purple head walking outside on the sidewalk.

And he was walking towards Starbucks.

Fuck my life.

I thanked God that I payed for the coffee already, tossed it in the trash, and quickly walked out the door of the place, fast-walking and weaving my way through the pedestrians trying to get away.