✉️Chapter 5✉️

Ten Days Later

Troye POV

I rolled my bags through security, checking one bag and bringing a simple backpack with my laptop and stuff like that as a carry on. Walking through metal detectors, removing belts and shoes, and so on just to board a plane for half a day seems like such a small thing to sacrifice, but the process, while necessary, was just annoying as fuck.

Incase you didn't get the memo, I'm at the airport, about to board my flight to Florence, Italy, to head to Vidcon for two weeks. The actual event of Vidcon only lasted one week, but a bunch of close YouTubers and myself agreed to stay an extra week to hang out. People like the Brits, Connor and Joey, and the Holy Trinity, and Tyler and myself.

Ten days ago, I sent a message to Tyler from my under-the-radar email address, saying:

'nutellaaddict1995@hotmail.com: See you at Florence, BGF.

Yours Truly,

Me'

He never replied directly to that, but the next day, he messaged me as if nothing had changed. Which meant that either he didn't want to think about me being there, or he already knows who I am. It's probably the second one, since he already has a blatant description of me, plus my birthdate and my hobbies.

If he knows it's me, though, why hasn't he said anything? Does he not want to acknowledge it, does he wish it weren't me, does he want to confront me in person, does he want me to fess up myself, does he-

"Flight 318 to Florence, Italy, will begin boarding now," the announcer says, taking me out of my self-destructive reverie.

I shoulder my backpack and get in line for boarding. I wait. I hand my ticket to the airline lady. "Have a nice flight," she says.

"Thanks, you too," I say, before realizing she wasn't flying, and that she was just the ticket lady. I blush stupidly, and she looked like she's trying not to laugh at my awkwardness.

"You're not flying anytime soon, are ya?" I ask.

"Nope, I just work here."

I cringed, then just took my stamped passport without another word and boarded the plane. After walking down the aisle, I find my row, which thankfully has no one else in it, so I take the window seat instead of the middle seat.

While the pilot goes over the safety precautions, such as where the life rafts, safety vests, vomit sacks, and oxygen masks are, I put on my earphones and listen to my Spotify on shuffle.

After a while, I start to think about what exactly will happen during the two weeks I'm staying in Italy. I wonder if I should tell Tyler I'm the letter man. He's probably guessed at some point, but I can't know that. He'll find out eventually, but I want to know I'm close enough to him so that we're at the point that he won't pull away once he finds out. I don't want to tell him just to see him disappear from my personal life completely.

I will tell him, when we're close enough. I consider him one of my best friends, but not quite the bestest of friends we could be as this Troye. We've talked tons of times since he discovered my video that I tagged him in, the self-obsessed shit he is. And I do consider him pretty much my best friend as physical Troye. (( Screw it, I'll call Physical Troye PT, and Letter Troye LT ))

But the thing is, if I hadn't fucked up by being completely honest about my feelings for Tyler, and making it even more blatantly honest, I might've told him the second he confessed about reading the letters. He just seemed so absorbed in them, and after conversing with him via nutellaaddict1995, I know he's read every single letter, starting from the first one.