✉️Chapter 19✉️

Tyler POV

Once everyone else leaves, almost immediately, Troye goes in our room and goes to bed. Zöe and Connor both stay out for a bit, though, Zöe cleaning up and Connor just looking restless. I think he's trying to whisper something to Zöe, but either Zöe's not paying attention, or he doesn't want me listening in. Since when did Zöe become everyone's go-to therapist?

Anyways, even if Connor didn't want me to hear, I don't think I could've payed enough attention to hear anyways. I was 1.) far too drunk to function properly and 2.) hung up on who my Number Six was.

As soon as I grabbed their waist, I knew instantly it was Troye. No offense to him, but none of the other guys are that small. But I didn't choose him on purpose, wondering if he'd come forward when I got it wrong.

He didn't.

The little shit just looked around, appearing to be mentally going through the order, but I knew it was him.

Honestly, I was more confused about why he just didn't say anything. I mean, any rational person would've guessed that he was embarrassed, but as everyone knows, I'm not a rational person, especially when I'm drunk.

But he definitely kissed like he wanted to. I knew that much.

Any hesitant person would've guessed that maybe he was too drunk to really think about it, but I was watching him ( obviously ). It took him over half the Strawberry Hill wine bottle to get him unstable,mans even then, he could talk well enough. He only had a glass or two of wine, tonight, and it wasn't the cheap-ass wine that Zöe told me she'd been meaning to get rid of anyways.

I think the thing that surprised me the most was how good Troye was at kissing. I mean, as far as I know, I'm the only person he's really kissed, and even then, other than tonight, it was a baby peck. This shit was the real deal.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear Connor talking in hushed tones with Zöe.

"He was the one he said, he practically admitted it just a few minutes ago."

"Do you think Tyler knows?"

"I have no idea, but I think if..." I didn't hear that part,"he wouldn't appreciate..." But maybe we should..."

Are they talking about Troye?

"Maybe we should just look them in a closet together, this is insane," I hear Zöe mutter.

Connor lets out a breathy laugh. "Got that right."

They see me staring questioningly, and quickly looking away in silence.

I clear my throat. "So, what're you two talking about in whispered tones?"

Connor looks at me with slight respect. "Even when he's drunk, he talks like a scholar." I hear him mutter under his breath. He looks at Zöe, as if questioning whether or not they should fess up what they know.

Zöe sighs in defeat, probably because I already know they're hiding something. "Number Six was Troye, Tyler."

I snorted. "No shit, Zöe. None of the other guys are as small or clean shaven as him."

Connor snorts, but Zöe elbows him in the ribs. He sobers up quickly. "So, you're not surprised?"

I shook my head. "I'm more surprised that he was that into it, if anything."

Both of them give me looks, saying very clearly, You're a fucking idiot, Tyler.

I get that look a lot.