Chapter 1 (Venice)

Venice

"Grandpa," i called out. Today is my last day here in my University.

I can still rememer myself enrolling here four years ago with my Dad and Mom. Time really do pass by so quickly. *sighs

My four years here were surely memorable and I would never forget it for sure..

"Yes, what is it?" he answered. His cold firm voice sends me shivers. I could hear other people talking behind the phone. He must be on a meeting--again. I could feel my heart shrank.

He forgot.

As always. I'm not on top of his priorities so why did I even think that he would attend my graduation. Eversince my parents died, he completely forgot me, he forgot that he still has a family.

I look at the stage, the organizer was waving her hand probably calling me. I sighed.

"Nothing. Have great day, Grandpa. I love you. Bye!" i told him before walking my way to the stage. I'm about to do my speech since I'm the Batch magna cumlaude but Grandpa doesn't give a damn about it.

People are smiling while watching me. After my parents' death, they're the ones who've comforted me----one i needed from my own real family.

Everyone from this school became my family.

After my speech, i took a short look at them and say, "Thank you everyone. May God bless us all on our own different paths. I love you! " with all my heart. That's how thankful I am.

----
"Bitch! I was so moved by your speech awhile ago! " I sat next to them. We're now at Sasha's place to celebrate our graduation day.

Sasha is one of my 4 bestfriends.

She's a tourism graduate and soon to be the Top model of the country

She's a tourism graduate and soon to be the Top model of the country. While we were studying she was already doing modelling projects.

"Me too

"Me too. I'm so proud of you, honey bae." Farrah said and gave me kiss. She's also my bestfriend. She studied Education, Major in MAPEH cause well, she's practically the most talented among us five. Above all her talents, singing is her main charm.

"Well, what now?" Katy asked

"Well, what now?" Katy asked. The baby in our group. We all look at her. She's probably asking what should we do now that we've graduated.

"Hmmn

"Hmmn.." Shams acted like she's thinking for a moment and look at me.

"Let's work at Bae Corp!" she cheerfully said. I widen my eyes.

"What?!" i said in shock. Why the hell would they want to work at our company?!

The others look at me as if they're hurt.

"Why? You're working there next month right? Don't you want us to be with you ?" Sasha asked. That's when I realized my mistake. I shouldn't have acted like that.

I sighed. "I'm sorry, it's just that everytime I heart our company's name, the pressure starts kicking in. " i told them. That's the truth. I really didn't like taking up Business Administration at the first place and neither do Mom but because of my love for Grandpa and Dad, I've given up in my dream becoming a Chef. I did not like the Idea of giving what my Dad and Grandpa had made to others, I want to protect it but now, I'm starting to regret everything. I was very confident back then because I've got them both at my back but now, It's just me.

"It's fine, honey bae. You have us. We'll help you." Farrah said trying to comfort me.

"That's the same reason why we want to work at your company so you won't carry the burden alone. We're here to help you. Walang iwanan, remember?" Shams explain. I look at her, she was smiling.

"We've been thinking about it for years,  Venice. Besides, it's for us to decide. You can't do anything about it." Sasha said.

I can't find the words to say. I was too overwhelmed by what they've just said. They were thinking about me all these time. Tears fell down on my cheeks.

"Awweee! Don't cry Venice! Oh gosh I'm tearing up!" Katy said as she fanned her face to avoid her tears.

"me too!"Farrah said.
The others chuckled.

"Thank you... Thank you so much girls." i told them as I pulled them all into a hug.

---

I arrived home at 8pm. The maids assisted me in an instant.

I glance at Granpa's room. He's not here yet. Sighs.

"Have you eaten, Miss? " One of our maid asked. She was like a mother to me since she was the one who took care of me after both of my parents passed.

"I'm done, Manang. I'll go to my room na po. " i told her and left.

I closed the door behind me and throw myself unto my bed.

I just wished they're proud of me up there.

"I love you dad!" hugging my Favorite stufftoy. This was my mom's last gift to me.

"love you mom!"
I said before dozing off.