Chapter 23

Savier

I sat down. Venice raised both of her brows. She's surprised.

"We still need to talk Ms. Bae oh wait you're right we should be formally addressing each other Mrs. Hidalgo." I told her. That made her laugh a little bit but that laugh has no humor in it.

"About that, I am sending you the divorce papers next week. You don't have to worry about anything. I'll be handling it and the lawyer said that we'll be officially divorced next month." She said that in a very calm way but a can see a glimpse of pain in her eyes.

"I don't want that."
I wanted to tell her but I can't open my mouth.

"Why?" I asked. There are alot of things I wanted to ask her.

She looks at me. "What "why" exactly are you asking Mr. Hidalgo?" She asked.

"Why did you hide it from me?" I asked. She smiled. "You already know the answer to that question Mr. Hidalgo. I know you're not that stupid and besides I believe Sasha has already explained everything single detail about that." She answered.

"Then why....why did you leave me?" Her smile suddenly faded.

She gave a short look first before answering. Her eyes were very sad.

"You'll never be happy with me."she simply answered. We both became silent. I know what she meant by that. I'm the one who made her think of that. This is all my fault.

"Are we done now Mr. Hidalgo? I want to go back to sleep."she said. I didn't know why but I nodded. I guess I already got what I wanted to hear.

I stood up.

"And before I forget." She said. Our eyes met. She was smiling and yet her eyes were saying the opposite.

"I'm really sorry. I'm glad that you're happy now. " She said. What the hell is she talking about?! When did I become happy after she left me?

"I wished that who ever your dad introduce to you will be different from me. I hope she could give you everything that you really wanted."She added. That hit me really hard. I guess mom had already told her about my Dad's plan.

She's tearing up.
"Omo na. Why am I crying? Haha. Stupid me." She was crying and laughing at the same time.

She look at me for awhile. As if she's scanning and memorizing my face. It breaks my heart. She had really decided to let me go. I can tell that she has no plans on giving us another shot.

"Can you leave now? I'm really not feeling well. I need to rest." She smiled at me. That was the saddest smile I've ever seen.

"Have some rest Venice. " that's all that I could say. I walked towards the door. Before I could open the door I turned my head to look at her for the last time.

And it broke my heart into a thousand pieces.

She was closing her eyes and silently crying. Holding her chest.

Before I could completely closed the door behind me... I heard her said something. It wasn't that loud. It seems like it was a whisper but I heard it very clearly.

"I'll always love you, Sav."

----

Venice

"Welcome back Ma'am." An employee greeted me. I smiled back. Grandpa hasn't given me the CEO title yet. But I'm just in a few lower position from it.