Chapter 7 (Contract)

Savier

I closed the file I was reading. I can't focus now.

I can't stop thinking about her.
Last night when I was driving home after I overtimed at work, I saw her. She had also worked over time last night. She was waiting for a bus while looking very tired and sleepy. I can still remember how she looks. I somehow feels sorry for her.

I was about to stop and just lend her a ride when she suddenly walks away and went somewhere.

I waited for her to comeback. When she went back, she was carrying a bag full of foods, I though she was hugry at first but I was wrong.

That's when I realize that there were homeless kids near the bus stop.

I saw her give those foods to the street kids laying on the side walk.

I watch her talk to them before I got out of the car to call her.

When we were on our way to her condo she told me that those 3 kids were abandoned by their parents and the older sister was just in grade six but decided to stop so she could feed her siblings.. She also told me that she'll help them once she got her---, well, that was all that she said cause she fell asleep without finishing her story.

She was too tired but she still did it to give help. She has a warmheart. I can't help but to admire her for that.

--
Finally I just got out from the meeting. Tasha Immediately told me my schedule for this afternoon.

"Is that all?" i ask her.
"Yes, sir." she answered.

"Okay, thanks. You can take your lunch now. I'll just go out to meet someone." i told her. Geez, why did Dad called for an emergency meeting today? Of all the days, he had chosen to held that today! I wonder if she's already there. I didn't have the chance to call her that I'll be late because my phone died before the meeting started.

Venice

To: Hidalgo
Where are you?
I'm already here.

Seriously, for a businessman? he's really tardy. That was my 12th text already!

He texted me to meet up with him here at a Cafe near my work place and now I've been waiting for him for 30 minutes.

Minutes later he already arrived.
"I'm sorry, something came up." he apologize.

"Yeah, you're just 30 minutes late. Yeah it's fine. Like really, what's 30 minutes right?" I sarcastically said. He let out a sigh.

"I'm really sorry. I've got caught up at wor---"

"It's fine. Let's not waste another 30 minutes apologizing shall we? Straight to business." i told him. I was really annoyed. I ran all the way here leaving all my work because he included "ASAP" to his text but look at what time he had arrived. I would no longer trust this jerk when it comes to his call time.

"Okay. So I made a contract as you've requested. " he said and pull out a paper from his case. Woah! He really made one?

I took it and scan. One thing got my attention.

Contract Rules
(Both parties shall abide the rules stated below)
1. No one aside the two parties should know about this contract.
2. Each one should do whatever it is the other tells them to do.
3. They should act like a real couple infront of everyone they know.
4. No seeing/dating opposite sex.
5. Strictly no lying

This contract will automatically be void once one party had violated rule #1.

I slowly look at him. I'm feeling guilty. How am I suppose to tell him that my friends know about us?

"How's it? Do you still want to add some more rules?" he asked. I shake my head. Venice, what should you do?

"Uhmm, until when are we gonna pretend again?" I asked. I was just buying myself some time so I could think about how to tell him about my friends.

"Until I get the position from my Dad." he said. This is it..

"Oh.. Okay.. Uhmm... But...About the number one rule. " i started...

"Yes? You didn't tell anyone right?" he asked. Oh my... You can do it, Venice!

"I don't want to violate another rule so..."i was too hesitant to say it. Damn.

I bit my lower lip.
"So you did." he was tardy but he's really a smart one. I nodded and look down.

"Sorry..but they didn't know we had this contract. He he he.." I  said and followed by an awkward laugh. I thought he was going to be mad but I was surprised he wasn't.

"How much do they know?" he calmly asked.

"Not much..just about our drunken marriage and that were going to be a couple until you say so since you .... Uhm...you blackmailed me. He.he" I  look down on my lap. I feel so embarrassed. They practically know everything. He might think I talk about him alot and that I can't take secrets on my own.

"Geez," I  heard him mumbled. I look at him. Is he mad? Was he going to call Ms. Kim now and tell her my secret?

"Look, I'm really sorry for blackmailing you that day. I was just desperately needing your help." he said. Uhmm. What? I wasn't expecting this. I though that "Geez" was for the information I told my friends...and not for the blackmailing part.

"It won't be that long. I promise." he said. He looks so sincere. I took a very deep breath. It won't hurt if I help him right? He's basically helping me too by hiding my secret and he said he'll be the one to process all the requirements once we're done pretending.

I caught him watching me think.
And he's quite good-looking so why wouldn't I help him? Haha

"It's okay. But that rule number 3 doesn't include my family right? " I smiled at him.

"No..not if you don't want to." He said.

"Well then, give me a pen. I'll sign this now." I told him.

---