Chapter 9 (Work 2)

Savier

"Aw, my neck hurts." I said as I leaned to my chair. That was alot of work. Geez!

That's when I remember Venice. I look at my watch, It's already 3:45.. I've been so into my work, I forgot to check on her. Tss

I stood up to ask her if sh---oh she's asleep. She was already laying at the sofa like a 6 years old.  She must've fallen asleep while waiting.

Does she normally look pretty even if she's asleep?

I took off my coat to cover her.

I still can't believe she took a day off just to be with me. That was so unexpected knowing that she's too obsessed with her job . I can't imagine myself doing that.

Her hair was covering half of her face so I remove it and tuck it behind her ear. Suddenly, all the tiredness I was feeling awhile ago disappeared just by watching her calmly sleeping.

What's with you?

Why do I feel at ease everytime I'm with you?

I sat on the opposite chair and watch her.

I could do this all day.

---

Venice

"Hmmn." I sat up. I fell asleep after I arranged all those folders.

I notice something, why is his coat covering me?

I look at his desk, where is he? Wait? What time is it?!

7?! It's already 7pm?!

I've been sleeping that long?!

And where is that bossy jerk? Did he left me?

"Oh you are awake, good! It's time for dinner." he arrived with bags full of food. Can we eat all of those?!

"I didn't know what food you like so I order all the foods in their menu." he said as he placed the food on the mini table infront of me.

"You should have waken me up. I could buy us some food so you won't need to be bothered while working. " i told him while I was unpacking all the food he bought. He's not joking when he said he ordered everything. This guy really!

"Believe me, I've tried. You slept well" he said. I widen my eyes.
Is he serious?! When did I become a deep sleeper?

"No, just kidding. You look like you're really tired so I didn't wake you up. Come on let's eat. "he said. I watch him started eating.

We've started eating but unlike lunch, we are now using different spoons. Thanks God he bought us our own utensils.

"Hmmn, this taste really good. I think I would like to eat this often." I commented. This food is really tasty though I've never commented on food. This is the very first time I've ever complemented a food. He smiled after hearing it.

"Well, another thing in common."he said. I look at him in full confusion. He then took a bite before talking.

"That's my favorite food. I'm glad you liked it too. You really have a good taste." he said and smiled sheepishly. Wait, was he still pertaining to the food? I rolled my eyes  and continued eating. I heard him chuckled.

"By the way, are you free this Sunday evening?" he asked.

"Hmmn, I think so, why?" I was so into the food so my guards were down when he said

"Great, I'll introduce you to my Mom and Dad."

I choke, like litteraly..

"*cough*wa..water*cough* water!" he gave me a glass of water while laughing.

I tried to calm myself.

And I failed.
"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAID?!" i can't no longer control my voice. I was already panicking.

"What? You're my wife so I have to introduce you to my parents." he non challantly said. As if it wasn't that of a big deal. Well to him it's not but for me, IT REALLY IS!"

"No.. Not now. I'm not yet ready!" I frantically told him. He looks like his trying his best not to laugh while looking at me.

"Fine, I won't push you. But don't forget that we've had a deal okay? I needed you to stop my mother from putting me on those blind dates and bothering me at work. So there would be a time that you really need to come and meet them." he said. I became quiet. I almost forgot about that.

I almost forgot about that deal.

I sighed. "Fine. I won't forget it." i answered. He just nodded in response.