Chapter 20

Venice

"Oh yes! I knew this would be a hit. Congratulations Venice!" Shams said and hugs me. We just finished launching our product last week and it went boom. It was at the top of the list this week.

I received a text from Grandpa this Morning. He congratulated me.

"This wouldn't be as successful as it is without you guys. Thank you!" I told them. They all gave me a smile.

"What date is today? We should celebrate. Let's drink tonight, what do you think?"Sasha suggested. I look at my planner. What date is tod--- yesterday was the event of Hidalgo's. I wonder if his dad really planned to engaged him with someone else.

"I'll choose the place. I know a place down town and it's so nice there. I'll reserve a table now. "Katy said while typing at her phone.

I smiled watching them being happy. These girls really didn't left me.
-----

"No way. Of all places." I muttered. They were all inside. I was late because I had a dinner with Grandpa before coming here.

I lowered my head when I entered the bar.

Where are they?

"Hey! Venice! Here!" I heard someone called me. It was them. Who are they with?

I sat next to Farrah

"So this is our friend Venice, venice this is the owner of this Bar, Henry." He extended his hand and I reached for it without raising my head. I knew he'll recognize me once I do. We've met once.

I excused myself for awhile and went to the ladies room. I look at my reflection.
Of all places, why am  I back here? The place where it all started and where it all ended?

My heart started to heat up so I decided to get back there and enjoy. I don't want to think of him right now.

The rest room was across our table. I still need to cross the river of drunk people dancing on the dance floor. Lights were playing against my eyes. I haven't even drink yet but I feel like I'm already drunk.

I got back safe. Phew!

Henry was no longer there and that was a relief. I decided to just wear my cap cause I'll never know if he still be back or what. The girls didn't even cared cause I told them that as a CEO I have a reputation to take care of. They understand.

I look at the bar counter where I first met Sav. Am I hallucinating? Why am I seeing him there KISSING someone?

I can't move. I wanted to get near them to see if I'm not dreaming but it really looks like him. No...It is really him.

I tear fell down my cheeks.

It's really him. I'm doing my best to stay composed. I don't want to ruin our night. We are here to celebrate. This is what my friends deserve after all those work.