Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The next day, Gemma picks me up and before I head out the door, I kiss Mateo's head and then kiss Juice. We head out the door and the first stop is to order the cake. Once that's ordered, we head to look at dresses. "What kind of dress are you thinking about?" Gemma asks. "I was thinking something floor length, flowy." I tell her. We start looking through the dresses on the rack. "What about this one?" Gemma asks. It's floor length with a lot of sequence. "Too flashy. I want something simple." I tell her. We look a little longer and she pulls a dress off the rack and I look at it. It's perfect. Long and flowy and strapless. "Gemma, it's perfect." I say. "Let's try it on." she tells me. We head to the dressing area and when I get the dress on, I step out of the dressing room. "You look beautiful." Gemma says. "Yes she does." we hear a voice say. Gemma stands closer to me and I freeze. "Do we know you?" Gemma asks. "Sophia knows me." he says. "J-Jake. W-What are you doing here?" I ask. "Just wanting to check up on you. You moved overnight and I wanted to make sure you were okay." he says, feigning concern. "You know him?" Gemma asks. "W-We worked together back in San Francisco." I tell her. "Well, it was good seeing you. You really do look beautiful in that dress." he says before walking off. Gemma turns to me and I'm going into a panic attack. "Baby, breathe. Just breathe." she says as she tries to calm me down. "You need to tell me what's going on right now." she tells me. I lead her into the dressing room as she helps me out of the dress and I'm changing back into my clothes. "Can you just take me home? Have the guys come over and I'll tell you all at once. I promise." I tell her. "Fair enough baby but you're getting this dress." she says and I nod.

Walking into the house, all of the guys are standing there waiting on us. Gemma takes Mateo from Juice and he asks "Why did you need everyone to meet here?" I take a deep breath and say "When Gemma and I were dress shopping, a man came up and commented on the dress. He was a guy that I worked with in San Fran." My dad looks at me and asks "The night you showed up. The bruises." he says and I nod my head. "Shit." my dad says. "He found me. Told me he came here to check on me since I moved overnight." I tell them. Juice walks over and says "Pack a bag for you and Bug. We're staying at the clubhouse until we find him." I nod and head to the bedroom to get our things together. My dad walks into the bedroom and asks "Are you okay?" I nod and say "Yeah. It's just, I'm scared Daddy." He pulls me close and says "I know. Quinn and Kozik are coming in to help too and Happy will stay close too." he tells me. "Okay. I want Mateo protected too. He wanted me to get rid of him so I wouldn't put it past him to do something to Bug." I say. "That won't happen. You and Bug won't be alone." Juice tells me from the door. "I know. Just don't want to leave anything to chance." I say. "I know baby. Anything else you think of, you tell us." Juice says and I nod.

We get to the clubhouse and Happy takes our things to Juice's dorm. "Thanks Hap." I say and he just nods. We sit there for awhile waiting on Kozik and Quinn to get there and as soon as I hear the bikes, I hand Mateo to Juice and run out the door. I see Quinn and jump into his arms. "Uncle Quinn!" I say as I feel his arms wrap around me. "Hey Soph." he says as he pulls back to look at me. "You okay?" he asks. "No. I'm not but that's why you're here. We'll explain inside." I say. I move to Kozik and hug him. "What's this I hear you and the idiot had a kid?" he asks. "First, don't call him an idiot. He's smarter than you. Second, yeah. I did. He's three months old. Mateo Carlos." I say. We all walk inside and I take Mateo from Juice and turn to Koz and Quinn and say "Meet Mateo." They both look at him and Quinn asks "Did he get anything from you, Soph?" I start laughing and say "Not a fucking thing." We all start laughing and then Clay calls church and they all pile into the chapel. I sit with Gemma and wait to see what the club wants to do.