Chapter 1 . Tournament

Neuro's POV :-

I was currently packing for 'The Tournament of Elements' in a couple minutes and I just accepted to come because I didnt have anything better to do. Honestly, I wouldnt really think I would win. Just need something to do other than read books everytime.

I walk outside in a uniform I sometimes wear. The streets were lit up but not many people were there. I only grabbed some things I need such as some money, a book (Cause Im a bookworm) and some mint. The streets always creeped me out when it was night mainly because the people who walk out at night either look like thugs or very sketchy. They all creep me out. Sometimes I even see some people selling drugs but I have no time to tell the police anything about that.

When I arrived at the docks, I only saw 4 people already there. One had a hood over, red hair and was a girl. The next was another girl but this time, she had green hair,green eyes, ripped shirt with a toxic sign on it and black pants. The other two were men. One had metal hands and the other wore white with red sunglasses.

Who wears sunglasses at night? Can he even see anything?

I start to wonder. He noticed me and ran towards me. Fast. He, I assume, is the master of speed. He can run fast like a cheetah or even time itself. He introduced himself,

"Hello, friend! Im Griffin Turner, Master of Speed" He said as he held out a hand, signalling me to shake it. "Whats your name? What master are you? What can you do? What abilities and/or powers do you have?" he continued after I shook his hand.

Hes full if energy. Ive never met anyone like him before.... This is new.

"I am Neuro. Master of the Mind. I can read minds, give people soaring headaches, send them messages or change what they think of." I said.

"Well, I didnt expect that only a few people were here. I wouldve expected more." I heard a voice behind me say.

I look back and Griffin stands next to me. The person who said that had grey skin and wore a lot of black and slick back hair. He started,

"The names Shade. Master of the Shadows. It means I can hide in the shadows. Its not much but it can be useful at some times." he said, crossing his arms and smirking very cringyly.

"Griffin Turner, master of speed and this is my friend, Neuro, master of the mind"

Friend??

I look at him, confused. Shade once again talked and said,

"Well, its nice to meet you guys!"

Griffin's POV :-

"Hey, Neuro, my man, are you reading my mind right now?" I asked Neuro, hoping he isnt.

"No. Why?" Okay, good. He isnt reading my mind.

"Okay, so... Can you like.... not read my mind for a sec?"

"Im not right now but... Okay?"

Okay. I really hope he keeps this promise but... I have to say, hes really beautiful. Hes like an angel that has fallen from heaven. God, I wanna hold him. Just here and now...

"Y.... You didnt read my mind, right??" I asked, just to make sure.

"No???" I dont know if hes lying or not so I need to interrogate him. Just in case.

"Really? Then what did I sa--- think of?"

"How am I supposed to know?"

Okay... I dont know if I can trust if he did or not. But Ill have to just hope he didnt. Please, God, tell me he didnt read my mind.