Caught . Ch 8

︻̷︻̷︻̷︻̷
Neuro's
POV
◣        ◢

Me and Turner were walking around, listening ti music on the iPod Chen gave us. Turner actually had some good tastes in music. We both like the same genres. Well... Kind of.... Its more like opposite genres.... He likes pop and I like classic. Or at least some calm music but hearing Turners genre in music wasnt as bad. Hey, at least he isnt a kpop maniac like everyone else, right? ( no offense to kpop fans out there qwq)

We kept on walking until we stumbled upon a speaker stuck onto a tree. Chen was announcing something....

" Your time is up, fighters! Now its time to hand over those things and yOUR POWERS!" Me and Turner turned around to see Chen's guards, preparing to capture us. Turner looked at me and asked in a panic tone, " Want a lift?" " W-what!? N-" " Yeah not the time to say no. Okay?-- LETS GO" he interuppted and lifted me up from the ground. He carried me (bridal style) and I blush. A lot.

I closed my eyes and the next thing I knew, we were up in a trap.

•~•~•~•~•

︻̷︻̷︻̷︻̷
Turner's
POV
◣        ◢

Chen's guards took us to a random van and locked us up at the back. I was running too fast, I couldnt focus on where I was running. If only I did....

I feel something soft rest on my lap and looked up to see it was Neuro's hand. " Its not your fault, Turner. Everyone makes mistakes" I shook my head. " But this was a big one... If only I didnt run as fast, we wouldnt be captured." Shade spoke up, " Dont think that, Griff. I mean... It isnt your fault. Besides, it would have ended in the same possibility. Theres no way around it." I look away, feeling a mix of embarrassment and guilt. It is my fault.

Neuro retracted his hand and sighed. I knew that he was too tired of telling me it wasnt my fault but really, I dont believe it. Its just... I feel like everything is on me. What would happen if I never came to the tournament?

I look up to see the blue ninja being tossed into the seat next to me and grunted as he got up into a much comfortable seating position. I glared at him but looked away again. " You too, huh?" Pale asked as the ninja muttered a small 'mm-hmm' and nodded. By now, I was just staring off into space. I then feel tapping on my shoulder and looked at the ninja. I sigh. " What?" " It looks like you were out first." he said with a smug smirk. I smiled a bit and let out a fake scoff. " Ha. Very funny"

Not long after, Kai then was captured and it turns out that the spy was Skylar. God, no wonder why she looked so sketchy!

•~•~•~•~•

We were all taken back to the island after waiting for the last ninja to be caught but fortunately for him and his father, they never got caught. It was night by now and not that many conversations were on. Everyone was quiet. I mean... If you exclude Jay who kept humming and singing to himself the whole time then, yeah. The only talks we had were about what we would do after we lost our powers. Live a normal life? Without our special abilities?

The guards tied us up in a group. I was next to Shade and in front of Neuro. He was next to annoying blue zipper. We entered a cave and I heard chanting as we walked in. I spoke up,

" So the ninja were right! It was never about any of us winning a tournament. It was always about something sinister!" I say, looking at Shade. He looked back with a clearly sad expression and replied, " What gave THAT away? His cold following? Or the giant snake head?" We both look away. I look around the area to see Chen's followers, Clouse and of course, Skylar. I glared at her and she seemed to get the note and looked away for a few seconds and looked back but just not at me. Neuro started, " Weve been fighting for so long it took us ALL losing to finally get together. Too bad its too late... " he said, his voice cracking a bit. God, now I feel even MORE guilty!!